Gonna be a Loooong Football Season

Nate

...because the Steelers suck this year. They have  a good defense, but damn, you can't leave those boys out there all frikken night and you sure can't turn the ball over multiple times every game.

there's not much chance of college ball bailing us out, either. Penn State blows, Pitt is in the ACC (so naturally they are getting housed every single week) all that really leaves us is Temple.

The Temple Owls are not really anything to get excited about

Even though its not Steeler football, the Eagles might be able to be entertaining...except their Chip Kelly style offense guarentees the other team is going to have the ball for at least 40 minutes every game. Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers won't score too many points with 18 possessions and 40 some minutes of clock, will they? :(

So that's the story. I'm going to have to watch the stupid Bengals win the division, Ohio Sate win the Big 10 and Pitt probably go 0-for-whatever in the ACC. Maybe Western Allegheny Barber College will join the ACC next year?

Yea, the Steelers have a pretty small shot at even being able to make the playoffs this year.  They would have to win out from here.

Football is good here.  I usually like to watch U of L college and they are rolling, even though most high schools could win with their schedule.

Colts look GREAT so far.  Granted, it is a long season but they have a good start.

I also like to root for Peyton and he is playing some of his best football in years.

that's the thing about being a Steeler fan. We've had a good run of years for a while now. So if this is the year we have to get pummelled, then that's the way it is. I'll still be a Steeler fan. Besides, when you're passing around the Lombardi trophy, it's not how you'd expect. It's actually kinda sticky and muddy and really sort of disgusting.

The one thing that is going on for Pittsburgh sports is the Bucks. We're looking like a lock for a wild card spot and the playoffs for the first time since Sid Bream scored and we lost the pennant in 1992

that's the thing about being a Steeler fan. We've had a good run of years for a while now. So if this is the year we have to get pummelled, then that's the way it is. I'll still be a Steeler fan. Besides, when you're passing around the Lombardi trophy, it's not how you'd expect. It's actually kinda sticky and muddy and really sort of disgusting.

The one thing that is going on for Pittsburgh sports is the Bucks. We're looking like a lock for a wild card spot and the playoffs for the first time since Sid Bream scored and we lost the pennant in 1992

The team from Cleveland may get the wildcard entry as well.  

Couch

...because the Steelers suck this year. They have  a good defense, but damn, you can't leave those boys out there all frikken night and you sure can't turn the ball over multiple times every game.

there's not much chance of college ball bailing us out, either. Penn State blows, Pitt is in the ACC (so naturally they are getting housed every single week) all that really leaves us is Temple.

The Temple Owls are not really anything to get excited about

Even though its not Steeler football, the Eagles might be able to be entertaining...except their Chip Kelly style offense guarentees the other team is going to have the ball for at least 40 minutes every game. Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers won't score too many points with 18 possessions and 40 some minutes of clock, will they? :(

So that's the story. I'm going to have to watch the stupid Bengals win the division, Ohio Sate win the Big 10 and Pitt probably go 0-for-whatever in the ACC. Maybe Western Allegheny Barber College will join the ACC next year?

It could be worse Nate, you could be a recovering Cleveland Browns fan.

I still believe part of the reason why I'm an alcoholic is the Browns.  Unfortunately, I remember the games now since I quit drinking.  

Couch

OTH, you may soon see a big improvement in the Browns this year.  The new guy who played QB yesterday, Hoyer, completed 30 out of 54 passes for 321 yards against the Vikings.

• Heart 1

OTH, you may soon see a big improvement in the Browns this year.  The new guy who played QB yesterday, Hoyer, completed 30 out of 54 passes for 321 yards against the Vikings.

Yea, I still kinda blame the Browns on my drink problem.  Well, they play a role anyway.

If I play my cards right, I'll hit 1000 days in less than a week.  Even if the Browns still suck ass.

Couch 

1) Nate, you missed the fact that Pitt beat Duke 58-55 on Saturday, so they will hardly be 0-for-the-ACC

2) The Bucs are hardly a lock for the wildcard, dropping 2 out of 3 against the Reds put a lot of mystery in their future

3) Penguins - Hawks tonight finish out the preseason, with the real think starting 10/3

I know you're just trying to cheer me up, but the reason I didn't know Pitt won was because the game wasn't even on TV. After that Florida State shellacking, TV time seems to be hard to come by for the Panthers. But thanks for reminding me that Duke is in the ACC. Baskettball season's coming. My poor Panthers

Michigan State is bad and Michigan has some serious problems.  There isn't much hope for college football over here.

Lions are 2-1.  They still have hope but they need to play smrter and avoid the dumb penalties.  This week against Chicago will probably define their season.  If they win there will be hope for a playoff spot.  If not, they'll be two games behind the first place team even before getting to the hard part of the schedule.

The team from Cleveland may get the wildcard entry as well.  

Couch

I'll bet you a Rocky Patel cigar that they don't.  The win on Sunday was against, at best, a very, very mediocre team

Lions are 2-1.  They still have hope but they need to play smrter and avoid the dumb penalties.  This week against Chicago will probably define their season.  If they win there will be hope for a playoff spot.  If not, they'll be two games behind the first place team even before getting to the hard part of the schedule.

They're a solid team, but not very disciplined, from what I've seen.  If they fix that, they'll be one heck of a team to contend with.