Speaking of Interviews...

Parr8hed

Explain the schedule to me again.  Is there an opportunity for bus driving at all?  If not, you will make less without the extra money the big yellow gives your family.  Is the total decrease an issue?  Well unless you can drive the bus too and then it would not be a decrease.

Explain the schedule to me again.  Is there an opportunity for bus driving at all?  If not, you will make less without the extra money the big yellow gives your family.  Is the total decrease an issue?  Well unless you can drive the bus too and then it would not be a decrease.

The clinic is open mon wens fri for dialysis.  I would work at 5:30 am those 3 days.  I have to work 40 hours.  I could do 3 twelve hour shifts on those 3 days and make up a 4 hour shift on tues or thurs (doing paperwork, management shit) in the office.  I could work 4 ten hour days.  I could do 3 eleven hour shifts and a 6 hour shift.  I would need to be the nurse on the floor from 5-9, but after 9 am (when the night shift nurse reports in) I would do manager type shit.  It is more along the lines of being in charge of the nurses and techs on the floor than being in charge of the actual facility.  

There would be about 6 months of training that went into this roll just to learn dialysis.  I would say that this is a roll that will take 1-2 years to fully feel comfortable in.  Pretty similar to the roll I am in now.  It took a long time to get used to it.

The clinic is open mon wens fri for dialysis.  I would work at 5:30 am those 3 days.  I have to work 40 hours.  I could do 3 twelve hour shifts on those 3 days and make up a 4 hour shift on tues or thurs (doing paperwork, management shit) in the office.  I could work 4 ten hour days.  I could do 3 eleven hour shifts and a 6 hour shift.  I would need to be the nurse on the floor from 5-9, but after 9 am (when the night shift nurse reports in) I would do manager type shit.  It is more along the lines of being in charge of the nurses and techs on the floor than being in charge of the actual facility.  

There would be about 6 months of training that went into this roll just to learn dialysis.  I would say that this is a roll that will take 1-2 years to fully feel comfortable in.  Pretty similar to the roll I am in now.  It took a long time to get used to it.

With your background you'll have no trouble with the training. When I did it I was just an EMT-Basic. They put us through the same renal nursing class as the RNs. The nurses had the advantage of the medical background, but I knew the machines inside-out so it all balanced out.

• Heart 2