The 2015 NFL season starts in 45 minutes

Former member

I don't know.  It looked pretty bad.  First regular season game or two is pretty lame IMHO.

I hope they get better.  Half the time the Steelers' DBs didn't know what side of the field to be on.  Their communication with the LBs was non existent.  Gronkowski had a great game.  I wonder how many yards he would have had if the Steelers had actually covered him.  Props to him and Edelman but how hard is it for a future HOFer to hit a receiver that has no coverage?

what makes Gronkowski special is that he's too big for CBs to tackle, and DBs can't cover him unless he's standing still. 

He had a great catch in the EZ between 2 defenders and yes it's almost impossible for DB to cover him but I don't think their job was to leave him open like they did much of the night.  Kevin Butler (DC) has his work cut out for him.  The Pats didn't do anything special - no tricks - pretty vanilla offense for them.  The difference between their offense and the Steelers' D was execution.  

On the offensive side the Steelers made too many stupid mistakes.  If just one or 2 of those blunders didn't happen the complexion of the game is different.  I'm sure the Pat's D is saying the same thing as they got shredded as well......... Early season football.  I like good D and that was a difficult game to watch on both defensive sides.

He had a great catch in the EZ between 2 defenders and yes it's almost impossible for DB to cover him but I don't think their job was to leave him open like they did much of the night.  Kevin Butler (DC) has his work cut out for him.  The Pats didn't do anything special - no tricks - pretty vanilla offense for them.  The difference between their offense and the Steelers' D was execution.  

On the offensive side the Steelers made too many stupid mistakes.  If just one or 2 of those blunders didn't happen the complexion of the game is different.  I'm sure the Pat's D is saying the same thing as they got shredded as well......... Early season football.  I like good D and that was a difficult game to watch on both defensive sides.

Brady, Edelman, and Gronkowski hadn't taken a single preseason snap together, and their timing looked pretty good. 

I was also happy with Brady's protection. Both guards and the center are rookies, and the only time Tom got touched was on a safety blitz. 

I hope they get better.  Half the time the Steelers' DBs didn't know what side of the field to be on.  Their communication with the LBs was non existent.  Gronkowski had a great game.  I wonder how many yards he would have had if the Steelers had actually covered him.  Props to him and Edelman but how hard is it for a future HOFer to hit a receiver that has no coverage?

I caught the game half way through the 3rd quarter and it looked to me like Steelers offense was having their way with them.  And then I saw the Steelers defense.  Oh my.  Hope they can get it together.  I remember after game 2 of last year how the pundits (all of us really) were calling out how bad NE's team looked (and they did look bad) and they pulled it together and won the Super Bowl.  I'm not saying your Steelers are going to do the same -- but cut 'em some slack.  If guys are running free by game 3 -- be concerned.  Be very concerned.

I caught the game half way through the 3rd quarter and it looked to me like Steelers offense was having their way with them.  And then I saw the Steelers defense.  Oh my.  Hope they can get it together.  I remember after game 2 of last year how the pundits (all of us really) were calling out how bad NE's team looked (and they did look bad) and they pulled it together and won the Super Bowl.  I'm not saying your Steelers are going to do the same -- but cut 'em some slack.  If guys are running free by game 3 -- be concerned.  Be very concerned.

2AD85530-202E-432E-84C7-8BFDD18C937B_zps

• Heart 1