I think I'll ride the fixie today

Rattlecan

Apparently, you are the only one here other than me that knows this, and yes, that is what I have.

I have never heard of or seen a 3-speed "fixie".  But then again, I have no brain.  Mine has a flip flop hub.  I rode it as a fixie maybe a half-dozen times before I decided to give up and make it a single speed.  I missed having the ability to freewheel in certain riding situations.

I have never heard of or seen a 3-speed "fixie".  But then again, I have no brain.  Mine has a flip flop hub.  I rode it as a fixie maybe a half-dozen times before I decided to give up and make it a single speed.  I missed having the ability to freewheel in certain riding situations.

The S3X is an IGH

I run a flip-flop hub on my Milwaukee. It's fixed/fixed 15-16. Running a 42 on the front gives me 71 inches for hills and 74 for flats. The bike is set up for century rides.

So, may as well turn this into a ride report and throw some pictures in.

42 km and the leg held up fine. Of course the route I took was pretty flat.

First stop, crashed a wedding at the marina.

xfxnbt.jpg

My waterfront rides take me right through the heart of shanty town.

b53493.jpg

The Hamilton steel mills and the Burlington bay Skyway are kind of lost in the mist here.

radhmw.jpg

I stopped at this Burlington landmark.

2u9sw85.jpg

Lots of fish and chip shops in town, but none better than this guy with the trailer serves up. Had a great feed, and would have enjoyed it more had I not been swarmed by wasps. I had to toss half my can of iced tea because there were at least 3 floating in it.

13yl66o.jpg

A light rain started falling just as I finished eating, and I had 14 km to go. No worries, I've been wet before and never melted.

One last stop by the lake about 5 km from home. Just as I was leaving, another wedding party showed up for photos.

33tt0dc.jpg

Edited by Rattlecan
  • Heart 4

What is the Milwaukee? And good luck with the surgery.

Milwaukee Orange One frame from Ben's Cycle. The frame was built by Waterford for Ben's. This was one of the early frames before they started buying from overseas. It's basically a Gunnar Streetdog for half the price.

UglyBobMilwaukee11low.jpg

• Heart 1

Milwaukee Orange One frame from Ben's Cycle. The frame was built by Waterford for Ben's. This was one of the early frames before they started buying from overseas. It's basically a Gunnar Streetdog for half the price.

UglyBobMilwaukee11low.jpg

Schweet! And the same colour B17 as mine.

Edited by Rattlecan