The watch spring unwinds

Former member

This was a tough week for my family. 

On Wednesday I returned home from a ride to find my dad laying face down in the front yard. He stumbled while walking around to fill up the birdbath, and was bleeding from a cut on his face. I helped him up into a chair, after determining that there were no major injuries. Mom called the ambulance so we could get him to the hospital to be checked out. 

They kept him overnight, and released him in the morning. He was very lucky to escape any serious injury, but it was  very scary. 

Thursday night we watched the Patriots game together. It was great to watch Tom Brady and Gronkowski have their way with Pittsburgh, and I could tell it made my dad feel very happy. 

Yesterday he told us that he thinks he's not long for this world.

You have my sympathy, watching a loved one deteriorate is sickening. I admire your dads spirit, but I know what it does to you.

My wife has severe arthritis, She is pretty much crippled  but still tries to do for herself, I try to talk or text a few times a day when I'm at work. I know someday I'll come home and find her lying on the floor  

I know someday I'll come home and find her lying on the floor  

that is a very scary moment. 

My grandmother fell and broke her hip(at 85), and was in rehab for almost a year. She lived in her home for 4 more years, but then she fell again. She lived for 9 more years in a nursing home before passing away at 99 years old. 

Getting old is tough. 

Pop is frail, wheelchair dependent, but well. 

Mother is the Rock of Gibraltar, going you outlive us all. 89 and still walking 18 once a week,  driving locally, and on no meds.  

Thanks for thinking of them. 

Mom is in great shape, but this is understandably tough for her. She's only 73 and next month they will celebrate their 49th anniversary. 

• Heart 1