Any miles today

Further

I plodded around the neighborhood for 2 miles, felt pretty good, didn't walk at all. At the end of the plod I kicked it up a notch and did a few high speed intervals, well it felt fast to me. Cool temp and a real light mist made for comfortable plodding. Thought about taking the bike out but didn't want to get it dirty, :wacko: 

• Heart 1

I was happy with this big rock drop I did today. I knew iy was coming up and I had planned to avoid it. However,  I went left when I should have went more right and it was right under me. I was like "oh shit...here it is" and I just dropped in over it. Super scary. 

The crazy thing is that I rode better today than in ALL the previous races and there were no other girls to even battle with. It made me sad.

• Heart 1

Yeah - me too!  There ain't nothin' you can't do tomorrow!

century in the morning. 

I was happy with this big rock drop I did today. I knew iy was coming up and I had planned to avoid it. However,  I went left when I should have went more right and it was right under me. I was like "oh shit...here it is" and I just dropped in over it. Super scary. 

The crazy thing is that I rode better today than in ALL the previous races and there were no other girls to even battle with. It made me sad.

I don't understand this, but I'm sure I'd be impressed. 

My son decided he didn't want to go to the show in NYC, so my daughter invited one of her friends instead and we had a Boys Day here.  Fishing, a few errands, half an hour at the tennis court and Red Robin (his choice) for a burger.

He caught the smallest sunfish I think I've ever seen.

Hoping for a few miles today though.

I rode out to Oxford, north to Hueston Woods State Park and then home.  A chilly 58 F at the start but it warmed up as the sun broke thru the clouds.  Breezy winds from the northeast made it a little challenging but I persevered.  71 miles, 2,031 feet up, 36 mph max speed and a 15.2 avg.  After dinner I built a faar out back.  Nice night for a faar.  On the way back I had to wait for about 100 Harleys on a memorial ride for a buddy.  I was invited to join them but I politely declined. Later I had to scoot under a freight train that was stopped and blocking the road I was on.  I couldn't see either end and it weren't moving anytime soon as far as I could tell.

photo 1.PNG

photo 2 (4).JPG

• Heart 2