The BITCHY neighbor saga continues!

KrAzY

So... instead of shelling out $$$ on getting a few stumps removed from my backyard, I cut them down to ground level, drilled a few large hols and dumped about a 1/4 of a bag of charcoal into it.. I let the stump on fire around 11 this afternoon and slowly watched the thing burn. 

At 7:45 tonight there was a knock on the door.. The wife answered it and there low and behold was the bitchy neighbor from next-door and another neighbor she gather to come over and complain about the smell.. Bitch #1 said that she smelled it all day and could not figure out where that awful smell was coming from. She said she thought a Deer died in her yard and was rotting. Bitch #2 said: "What if it was hot outside and the neighborhood had their windows open... It would have filled everyones house full of that hides smell...

I not so politely said: "Well... It's not hot outside, it's a controlled burn... There is nothing in the zoning by bylaws about not burning a stump out of the ground. If you feel like calling the Fire department go ahead. They will laugh and walk away since it is a fully controlled burn and I'm not breaking any laws."

Bitch #1: Why not pay for a company to come in and remove the stump

Me: You going to pay that much for it, or would you opt for a cheep bag of charcoal since it is not a hard job to do? Now you two "ladies" can go back to your bridge party and leave the working folk alone. Next time if you would be so kind... Send your husbands around... Or were they too scared to come and confront me about doing something they would have done if you would let them? 

I CAN'T wait to get away from these seahags when we move... I have never had such asshole neighbors before in my life. The husbands a cool, but these snobby old bags are a royal pain in the ass! 

• Heart 1

You should have said "I could have paid someone to take it out, but I just love to burn things down.  Now which houses do you live in again?"

She was the one that put the fence up between their house and ours.. She has yelled at me prior times before for flying my remote helicopter in our yard.. she said it was too noisy and said the next time she would call the cops. I flew that helicopter over the next 50 days in a row all over our yard and even in their airspace without the cops coming to tell me to stop it :) 

• Heart 1

Makes me really glad I have the neighbors I have.  They are awesome.  When is the move? 

we are last oking at putting the house on the market in the spring. Move during the summer. Houses in our hood normally sell within two weeks of being put up. Some reason our town is the "must live here to be considered fancy" town. 

Welp... Looks like bitch #1 & #2 can kiss my ass. I just talked to the zoneing inspector, police chief, and fire chief..  Looks like I'm good to go and start up my stump burning again this morning.:)

They said as long as I am not within 25 feet of an occupied sturcter that I do not own, I'm fine to burn what I want. 

Crappy neighbors are the worst.  I have a neighbor that used to play the whoa is me card and constantly ask us to baby sit, let her use our phone, take her grocery shopping & etc.  It got old so after a while if she came to the door before she could get a word out I'd snap, "NO!" and close it.  If I'd pass her on the sidewalk out front and she opened her mouth I'd snap "NO!" and keep walking... My wife thought I was being an @zz but it got her out of our hair and she'd just hit up somebody else for help.

If your neighbors came to my door I'd probably just say goodbye and close it. No need to argue, you know you are not breaking any laws. 

Crappy neighbors are the worst.  I have a neighbor that used to play the whoa is me card and constantly ask us to baby sit, let her use our phone, take her grocery shopping & etc.  It got old so after a while if she came to the door before she could get a word out I'd snap, "NO!" and close it.  If I'd pass her on the sidewalk out front and she opened her mouth I'd snap "NO!" and keep walking... My wife thought I was being an @zz but it got her out of our hair and she'd just hit up somebody else for help.

If your neighbors came to my door I'd probably just say goodbye and close it. No need to argue, you know you are not breaking any laws. 

actually this was the 3rd time in 6 years we have actually talked to her.. first time was her bitching about my dogs barking outside at 3am. It was howling from coyotes that live near the train track.. they sounded nothing like a beagle barking. #2 was her telling us she did not like the way we are and wanted an OK to put up a fence, and this was our third encounter with the snotty bitch.