I think I need a new job

petitepedal

The atmosphere at work just sucks....probably didn't help to find out the marketing person ..who can barely do her job..is making $20,000 more than I make... {eo[le don't seem to care about the place and people...and well some of the residents just have no clue about how the place should function.

I have a useless BA in Youth Ministry...basically Psychology, Social Work & Theology..worked in that field for about 3 years..worked a variety of jobs and have spent the last 13 years as the management representative (or my title "member services coordinator") at a 200 unit senior cooperative (55 and older..no assisted living or care)....More than one person has said I would be a great personal assistant..meh who knows....I do know that as a single person..and with my early job struggles...I need to make enough money to eventually retire...like by 70 would be nice....  I basically multi task all day...some people really appreciate it and some people have no clue.  And yes...sometimes the day is slow...and other days it never stops...today was one of those days.

Maybe if I didn't care....and could just go through the motions...but unfortunately...I care about getting the job done and keep most (not all...but most) people satisfied.

• Heart 1

My daughter went into child youth work and was about to take a full time position in a youth corrections facility but was offered a job as a coordinator for a foster care company.  She basically coordinates treatment with the foster parents, birth parents and child services.  So far, she finds it rewarding and is enjoying the job.  Pay and benefits are adequate and sh has a traditional pension plan.  

• Heart 1

Granted I don't know what I'm talking about, but I would think 13 years of working in a senior care related field would be a marketable skill.  AT least around here, there seem to be new facilities opening every year.

spent the last 13 years as the management representative (or my title "member services coordinator") at a 200 unit senior cooperative (55 and older..

I need to make enough money to eventually retire...

I would suggest you use your skills with the 55-and-older crowd to reach out to internet forums where people of that age group hang out. :whistle: Start up a well-disguised pyramid scheme and then abscond with all the cash to some third world county, where you can live like a queen.

• Heart 2