P & R Forum

charlie burgh

I disagree.  I'd prefer search bots don't crawl that section and lead Nate political nut jobs to this site.  Also, having them in a password protected forum keep them from listing in the New Content view.  Lots of people use that option and they don't want to see the political posts.

See, I would actually like to see them in the New Content view, maybe there is something I want to jump in on.

What would be nice, if is in New Content it showed what section the post was in, though probably not something you have control over, but that would be awesome.  Then P&R could show up there and it's people's own fault if they didn't like it.

See, I would actually like to see them in the New Content view, maybe there is something I want to jump in on.

What would be nice, if is in New Content it showed what section the post was in, though probably not something you have control over, but that would be awesome.  Then P&R could show up there and it's people's own fault if they didn't like it.

What's the password?

Politics and Religion

This is a password protected forum for three reasons, 1: posts here are usually contentious, 2: we don't want these posts showing up in the Activity Stream, 3: we don't want search bots to index these posts.
This is where posts related to Politics and Religion belong, it's also where posts get banished to when they are not appropriate for the main forums.
Threads in here will not be monitored, enter at your own risk.
To gain access to this section enter the password respect.

Politics and Religion

This is a password protected forum for three reasons, 1: posts here are usually contentious, 2: we don't want these posts showing up in the Activity Stream, 3: we don't want search bots to index these posts.
This is where posts related to Politics and Religion belong, it's also where posts get banished to when they are not appropriate for the main forums.
Threads in here will not be monitored, enter at your own risk.
To gain access to this section enter the password respect.

I don't like that password.  Please change it.

#Sizzle

• Heart 1

Doesn't meet your standards again?  It's time you set up your own political site.  Make sure there's plenty of pillow gloves and silly putty hanging around.

You are almost as bad at humor as SW is.  Go back and read more than the last post before you respond to get a feel for context then get back to me.  You need to invest more in reading threads than the speedy gonzales approach of scan and burp.

I like that politics and religion posts are tucked into a corner of their own, and that people have to make an extra effort (albeit minimal) to access them.

I don't believe I've experienced more than half a dozen times when logic and reason persuaded someone to revise - or even simply question - his beliefs on politics or religion.  And I would like to flatter myself that I can at times present a cogent, thoughtful, and persuasive viewpoint for another's consideration.

Most people sit very comfortably in their political and religious rocking chairs.  Considering a contrary viewpoint requires the mental effort of lifting the mind out of that rocking chair at the risk of knocking over hundreds of carefully set up ideological dominoes.

Many people see setting up those dominoes all over again as too much work, and will argue and defend their views in outright denial of fact, logic, reason or even faith, hope, or love. 

Political and religious discussions rise among the most frustrating and fruitless conversations I've had.  Tucking them away in a corner keeps them at bay so I can better enjoy everyone's company here.

• Heart 4

I like that politics and religion posts are tucked into a corner of their own, and that people have to make an extra effort (albeit minimal) to access them.

I don't believe I've experienced more than half a dozen times when logic and reason persuaded someone to revise - or even simply question - his beliefs on politics or religion.  And I would like to flatter myself that I can at times present a cogent, thoughtful, and persuasive viewpoint for another's consideration.

Most people sit very comfortably in their political and religious rocking chairs.  Considering a contrary viewpoint requires the mental effort of lifting the mind out of that rocking chair at the risk of knocking over hundreds of carefully set up ideological dominoes.

Many people see setting up those dominoes all over again as too much work, and will argue and defend their views in outright denial of fact, logic, reason or even faith, hope, or love. 

Political and religious discussions rise among the most frustrating and fruitless conversations I've had.  Tucking them away in a corner keeps them at bay so I can better enjoy everyone's company here.

...tl;dr  

• Heart 1

I agree.  I'm not sure about the dominoes thing, but everyone has their own set of beliefs about how they think the world works and how it should work.  They have carefully cultivated those ideas and beliefs since their early childhood through their experiences and by their upbringing, and no hour long argument is going to make any difference.  All that ever happens is that people get angry, feelings get hurt and friendships get lost.  So what's the point?  To try to prove you're ideas and beliefs are the right ones?   Good luck with that. 

...tl;dr  

You must be one of those liberal Second-Amendment cross dressing conservative patriot illegal gay Catholic welfare communist eco-nut Republican tax-and-spend vegan survivalist hetero Caucasian tea party Big Oil misogynistic Prius-driving lesbian free market Hillary-worshiping death panel Oriental Reagan 'birther' one-percenters!

;)  

Edited by Thaddeus Kosciuszko
I left out "Reagan".

You must be one of those liberal Second-Amendment cross dressing conservative patriot illegal gay Catholic welfare communist eco-nut Republican tax-and-spend vegan survivalist hetero Caucasian tea party Big Oil misogynistic Prius-driving lesbian free market Hillary-worshiping death panel Oriental 'birther' one-percenters!

;)  

...by god, sir, you have me exactly.:huh: I feel as if you have seen the depths of my innermost beliefs and most closely held prejudices.  I'm completely changed as a person.:) #onepercent_andproud