Have you ever partied like it was 1999?

Randomguy

With a house in Virginia Beach operated by 3 E6 Sailors I think that some of the parties were of epic proportions.  Kegs on the porch, strangers cooking our food in the kitchen, people crashed everywhere and the Ocean 1 1/2 blocks away to cool off in if it got too hot, yes I've partied and forgotten where I was when I woke up in my own room.

But it wasn't 1999 kid, it was 1969.

Edited by maddmaxx
  • Heart 3

With a house in Virginia Beach operated by 3 E6 Sailors I think that some of the parties were of epic proportions.  Kegs on the porch, strangers cooking our food in the kitchen, people crashed everywhere and the Ocean 1 1/2 blocks away to cool off in if it got too hot, yes I've partied and forgotten where I was when I woke up in my own room.

A few similar summer experiences but it was 1979.

1978 to 82 for me Maxx.  After an insurance claim, I had enough cash to buy a sailboat I lived aboard while going to school.  Party barge to say the least!  We used to mix margaritas in 15 gallon plastic buckets. :)

• Heart 2

I did for a few years. Beginning in 1999 and ending sometime in 2010. A lot of party like its the "last party" party.

There might still be pictures of me around there. Top of the Ren-Cen Detroit hanging off the security railings, on stolen scooter in Miami South Beach, jumping on a CSX train in a caveman costume as it passes Ybor city Tampa. And many more.

Many times.  1979 and the Exorcist stairs in Georgetown.  I was bored and lived to tell the tale.

A Halloween party a few years later, I found one of my roommates passed out in the backyard at 2 am.  It was in the 20's but he was wearing a gorilla suit so he was ok but I don't think he would've lasted the night.  I was looking for a scarf a girl lost when she was making out with a guy who wasn't her boyfriend.

This was the place on 24th street in Virginia Beach.  The surrounding area looked nothing like that back in the day as it was mostly houses but the beachgoers would park all up and down the street.  We had parties where I parked the Funny Car in the driveway just to attract the walk in traffic.  The man who lived behind us owned a club on the beach at the end of the street and we used to rent rooms to his waitress staff.

11 Rooms with cabana's in the basement, a dining room table that sat 12 with a room of commemsurate size around it.  The proper phrase was "snake ranch" but I don't know if that's in vogue anymore.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Virginia+Beach,+VA/@36.8519296,-75.9787391,31m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x89bac1e8fc1527a7:0x4161080a32e0173

Sorry, you have to copy the whole link and paste it to get the zoomed satelite pic

Edited by maddmaxx