What magazines do you get, if any?

Ralphie

Just Automobile for me.  Back before the Internet, I loved them and also got Car and Driver, and a few motorcycle ones for a while, and of course Bicycling back ages ago, and before that Outside.  My grandmother and mother always got Reader's Digest which I read voraciously.  I am thinking of maybe getting CD again.  I was hooked on both Newsweek and Time for a while, and even briefly US News and World Report, or something like that.

I love reading them in doctor's offices.  There was an interesting one the other day that I meant to remember and of course have now forgotten. :(  Sucks to get old and get CRAFT disease.

I keep meaning to read online versions, but I always get stuck here due to the interactivity compared to passively reading.  I remember that is how AOL started oot, with online versions of popular mags.

Edited by The Inedible Bulk

I have a bunch of in laws back east who never know what to get me for Christmas so several years ago I asked for magazine subscriptions and now they just renew them for me for Christmas. It's easy for them, nothing to ship and it is something of value for me.  I get Bicycling, Velo and Road.  I often buy magazines on my tablet before I go on trips but for some reason I don't like reading magazines on my tablet. I prefer an actual magazine. 

I have a bunch of in laws back east who never know what to get me for Christmas so several years ago I asked for magazine subscriptions and now they just renew them for me for Christmas. It's easy for them, nothing to ship and it is something of value for me.  I get Bicycling, Velo and Road.  I often buy magazines on my tablet before I go on trips but for some reason I don't like reading magazines on my tablet. I prefer an actual magazine. 

I love the feel of them too.  The Kindle shines at reading in a car - internal light, high storage density, small size, no wrinkles, etc.  But I just read text books on it, not magazines.

Come to think of it, the web owes a lot to magazines - their layout of mixed text and pictures sort of led the way.

I get Bon Appetit - but I will be letting it run out.  I don't enjoy it, or use it, like I thought I would.

I got Esquire for years - I generally read them cover to cover; I should start that up again.

I have three or four years' worth of Bicycling issues on a shelf.  I just cycle through those, since it's all the same stuff (apart from new bike reviews, 99% of which don't interest me).

Unfortunately most of my hobby magazines have turned into unabashed shills for the manufacturers who advertise on their pages.  That I don't need.  I've dropped all the subscriptions that I can.

That is why I dropped most of the cycling mags which used to be numerous for me.

Ads in magazines are the least obtrusive of any medium to me.  On TV and radio they are a deal killer, on the Internet they are annoying unless blocked, and in magazines I just leaf right past them and I appreciate their role in keeping subscription prices down.

I hear you there.  On TV I can usually only watch on DVR in delay so I FF through them.  On radio I am a constant channel switcher.  Most of the time these days I just listen to pod casts anyways. I tell you what is killing me these days though, it's freaking youtube ads.  Screw that shit.  

I hear you there.  On TV I can usually only watch on DVR in delay so I FF through them.  On radio I am a constant channel switcher.  Most of the time these days I just listen to pod casts anyways. I tell you what is killing me these days though, it's freaking youtube ads.  Screw that shit.  

I am ADD enough that I can easily surf away Youtube ads, but the evening news medicine ads drive me absolutely bonkers (no DVR).  And I have to channel-surf or listen to CDs when I am out of the Philly area and at fund drive time at my favourite local member-supported public radio station.

• Heart 1

Yes it does.

This points out a large difference between Canada and the US.

In Canada, naked boobs are ok, guns are not.

In the US, guns are ok, naked boobs are not

this is why living 20 miles from the border is advantageous.