Page, tell us about your most interesting hippie experience

AirwickWithCheese

Well I am not Page, but I will take the floor.  The only really true hippie experience that I have was when I was life guarding at Deam Lake.  Deam Lake is a State Park with a nice campground.  Years ago the Greatful Dead were playing in Louisville (or close?) and a bunch of hippies came to camp in the campground.  They were all pretty mellow.  They liked to bathe in the lake.  I believe that they were smoking the reefer as well.

• Heart 1

...if they were interesting hippie experiences, why in the  world would you think I could remember them ?passing-joint-smiley-emoticon.gif

I went to the Counter-inaugural ball in '69 the year Nixon got elected, to hit on chicks and hear the Fugs play.  

By the end of that year i was short haired, in uniform, and potential fleet marine force (that was a somewhat uncomfortable wait for the roll of the dice that sent me to Italy).

I guess maybe the most interesting stuff, hippie-wise, apart from the years on the organic vegetable group farm near Forest lake, MN, 

was hanging out occasionally with  Patch Adams' commune, the Zany Ramorski's.  But there was some sex and drugs and stuff involved, so not really PG.

Like I said, it's kinda foggy, but I remember some cute girls and a lot of working on the various cars to keep them going.  #theusual

• Heart 1

...I did have a swell '48 Willys Jitney bus that I drove around and lived in, off and on. :wub: I loved that bus. Lived in it one summer as the hippie blacksmith at the living history park in Green Bay, WI. Drove it all over hell and gone, and swapped a couple of fuel pumps on the side of the interstate at various breakdowns. :)

I was in sixth grade at the finest private academy in my beautiful town. Somehow we were infiltrated with a hippie from Portland as our vice principal. 

We went on a field trip up toward Asheville and some ungodly Mother Earth village. Everyone there had made a "house" out of some weird something. It looked like a scene from the book Andrew Henry's Meadow. 

People were dancing and singing a lot of Joan Baez mook mook. 

We got back on the bus and were back in Greenville before 1. 

Mrs. Rausch was fired before the next Monday. 

• Heart 1

and his days just before the Fire Department..

Keremidschieff-Strawberry-Mountain-Fair.

...believe it.  Two days before my panel interview i shaved for the first time in about six years.  I wanted to give the nicks a chance to heal up.:)

That girl looks like she's thinking that maybe this whole thing was a mistake and a hot shower would feel really good right now. smiley-lol.gif

• Heart 1