Downtime on the way

Square Wheels

Well not if it's scary or something. :(

IPS Community Suite 4.0.10.2

Released 07/13/2015

Key Changes

This release primarily focuses on stability.

• Many bug fixes from both tickets and the bug tracker
  • Some large performance improvements with focus on fetching posts, activity stream, and view new content.
  • Flag as Spammer no longer redirects you to the user's profile. It now just refreshes the page you were on.

Update:

4.0.10.1 released to fix problems some clients were reporting with polls and missing templates.

4.0.10.2 released to fix some common problems reported from clients.

Additional Information

Stablity releases are not exciting but they benefit everyone. We will have another feature-release soon after this stability release :) 

IPS Community Suite 4.0.11

Released 07/21/2015

Key Changes

This release primarily focuses on stability with many bug fixes from both tickets and the bug tracker.

IPS Community Suite 4.0.12.1

Released 08/05/2015

This is a security release and we recommend all clients upgrade as soon as possible.

Key Changes

This release primarily focuses on stability with many bug fixes from both tickets and the bug tracker. Among dozens of other fixes, important fixes include:

• Multiredirect is changed to use base64-encoded data as upgrader was failing on certain hosts
  • Customizable topic/post feed widgets not storing preferences
  • Some reports of issues with insert/embed images into posts
  • Email notifications do not work for commerce, which also results in purchases not getting marked paid/approved automatically (this only happened when you had extra cc/copy email addresses specified for emails)

We are working on big improvements to our Search system but, until those are ready, we have made two small changes to make search a bit more pleasant: date will be default sort order and words will be searched using AND logic rather than OR logic.

Update

Version 4.0.12.1 released to address issues with form input validation and security updates.

Additional Information

This release contains a security update in Calendar and a resource issue that could be used in a malicious way.

The Calendar issue allowed for a possible XSS event during form input for event location. We extend our thanks to (rabbitz.org) for reporting this issue to us.

A resource issue was fixed whereby a special URL action could create a loop that would use up system memory.

IPS Community Suite 4.0.13.1

Released 08/31/2015

Key Changes

This release primarily focuses on stability with many bug fixes from both tickets and the bug tracker. In addition to dozens of fixes, important items include:

• When unflagging a member as a spammer, if any tasks are still queued to delete or hide the member's content the tasks will be cancelled.  This is useful if you flag a user as a spammer and then immediately change your mind and unflag the member.
  • NO_STEP issue during upgrade should now be resolved
  • Lists were not rebuilding correctly coming from 3.4.x
  • Changed rebuild routines to not use internal embeds as it represents a change from the way content looked pre-upgrade
  • There were some infinite redirect issues in some cases when Pages was used, particularly when the gateway file was used
  • Fixed an issue related to core_cache and the task not running

Update

Version 4.0.13.1 fixes an issue in a recent Google Chrome update that caused some pages to render poorly.

• Heart 1

I'd be happy to create a test site for you to try and hack.  I'm sure the developers would be happy to have it fail.

Would you be willing to share how you hacked it if I create that for you?

Um, I don't think you would appreciate how I would go about 'Hack'in' AW.  A degenerate like me has alot of time on his hands to think, since I very rarely sleep.  And my line of think'in ain't natural in any sense of the word.

Couch

And you missed a key word there, Boss Man.  "Injection".

#Sizzle

• Heart 1

Additional Information

This release contains a security update in Chippendales Calendar and a resource issue that could be used in a malicious way.

The Chippendales Calendar issue allowed for a possible XXX event during form input for event location.

That should make this site more interesting for the ladies - and who knows? - perhaps some of the gentlemen as well!

Um, I don't think you would appreciate how I would go about 'Hack'in' AW.  A degenerate like me has alot of time on his hands to think, since I very rarely sleep.  And my line of think'in ain't natural in any sense of the word.

Couch

And you missed a key word there, Boss Man.  "Injection".

#Sizzle

I suspect they have a lot of security built in for SQL injections, it's a fairly common hack.  At least I hope they do.

I'd create a test site that no one would have access to except me and you.  You could hack away at it.  If you were to be successful I'm sure the developers would be happy for me to report my findings, as long as you'd share with me your methods.

IPS Community Suite 4.0.10.2

Released 07/13/2015

Key Changes

This release primarily focuses on stability.

• Many bug fixes from both tickets and the bug tracker
  • Some large performance improvements with focus on fetching posts, activity stream, and view new content.
  • Flag as Spammer no longer redirects you to the user's profile. It now just refreshes the page you were on.

Update:

4.0.10.1 released to fix problems some clients were reporting with polls and missing templates.

4.0.10.2 released to fix some common problems reported from clients.

Additional Information

Stablity releases are not exciting but they benefit everyone. We will have another feature-release soon after this stability release :) 

IPS Community Suite 4.0.11

Released 07/21/2015

Key Changes

This release primarily focuses on stability with many bug fixes from both tickets and the bug tracker.

IPS Community Suite 4.0.12.1

Released 08/05/2015

This is a security release and we recommend all clients upgrade as soon as possible.

Key Changes

This release primarily focuses on stability with many bug fixes from both tickets and the bug tracker. Among dozens of other fixes, important fixes include:

• Multiredirect is changed to use base64-encoded data as upgrader was failing on certain hosts
  • Customizable topic/post feed widgets not storing preferences
  • Some reports of issues with insert/embed images into posts
  • Email notifications do not work for commerce, which also results in purchases not getting marked paid/approved automatically (this only happened when you had extra cc/copy email addresses specified for emails)

We are working on big improvements to our Search system but, until those are ready, we have made two small changes to make search a bit more pleasant: date will be default sort order and words will be searched using AND logic rather than OR logic.

Update

Version 4.0.12.1 released to address issues with form input validation and security updates.

Additional Information

This release contains a security update in Calendar and a resource issue that could be used in a malicious way.

The Calendar issue allowed for a possible XSS event during form input for event location. We extend our thanks to (rabbitz.org) for reporting this issue to us.

A resource issue was fixed whereby a special URL action could create a loop that would use up system memory.

IPS Community Suite 4.0.13.1

Released 08/31/2015

Key Changes

This release primarily focuses on stability with many bug fixes from both tickets and the bug tracker. In addition to dozens of fixes, important items include:

• When unflagging a member as a spammer, if any tasks are still queued to delete or hide the member's content the tasks will be cancelled.  This is useful if you flag a user as a spammer and then immediately change your mind and unflag the member.
  • NO_STEP issue during upgrade should now be resolved
  • Lists were not rebuilding correctly coming from 3.4.x
  • Changed rebuild routines to not use internal embeds as it represents a change from the way content looked pre-upgrade
  • There were some infinite redirect issues in some cases when Pages was used, particularly when the gateway file was used
  • Fixed an issue related to core_cache and the task not running

Update

Version 4.0.13.1 fixes an issue in a recent Google Chrome update that caused some pages to render poorly.

I heard they also now include "Internets for dummies" for the install.. ;)

We need a fix for the speed.  That drives me crazy,  One minute it is fast and the next minute, I have to wait 30 seconds for a response.  Frustrating.   :(

Not sure about that, I suspect it's the host, not the software.  In October we'll be updating to a better version of software that focuses primarily on performance.  If that doesn't help, I may look into moving.