I am getting too old for this game..

Wilbur

"Hi. It's Suzie from ABC Flight Ops." Yes..  "Umm.. How soon can you be at the airport to catch a commercial flight to Newark, a limo to Teterboro and fly this client home?"  I need a few hours to get there.  "Umm.. ok, we booked you on a flight two hours from now."

Yeesh!  Off to work.. See you forum kids later. 

• Heart 1

...  Three cheers for Wilbur. cheer.gif #livingthedream

My situation is very similar to Wilbur's. On my draft night, I have 2 hours to report for duty. I hop in my cabriolet and drive across town. There are no women in heels or large sacks of money waiting for me but sometimes I have an entire night where someone doesn't promise to kill me someday. 

#IwatchASMR

• Heart 4

I have an entire night where someone doesn't promise to kill me someday. 

#IwatchASMR

That there above makes a whole lotta something. Not sure what, cause I'm tired, my joints ache, and I'm kinda old, but there is something there.

• Heart 1

My situation is very similar to Wilbur's. On my draft night, I have 2 hours to report for duty. I hop in my cabriolet and drive across town. There are no women in heels or large sacks of money waiting for me but sometimes I have an entire night where someone doesn't promise to kill me someday. 

#IwatchASMR

I thought for sure you would see a few women in  heels!:whistle:

• Heart 1

Is that how this thing usually works?  Nobody local enough that they have to send you in from god knows where in Canada?  Is it always super-last notice, too?  What is the story?

I thought you were in Vancouver, is this correct?

Nope, not how things work for us but I was pimpin' myself out to another company.  :)  I am from Vancouver, but live full time in Toronto.  Family is still in Van and my summer home is in BC as well.  One foot in each place I guess.  

At the local airport last fall buying avgas to put in my motorcycle for winter storage, I overheard a couple from the more exclusive side of town. Waiting for their plane to be prepped, talking about the nights itinerary;  Fly to Philly, dinner, show, fly home (near Pittsburgh), "Now where is that damn pilot"

I'm sure keeping that clientele happy has it moments.