Looky what I get to drive this weekend

team scooter

It needs a bath. After it's 4000+ mile cross country trip its filthy. :rolleyes:

In the trip pictures it looked black. But its actually dark gray. It matches my truck.;)

He also needs to change a defective vacuum valve or something. The supercharger works sporadically. But when it kicks in..... Zero to sixty in less than six seconds is exhilarating.:blink:

The boy is replacing the tires when he gets home. So he says to leave enough rubber so he can get back to Tennessee.:D

• Heart 2

You need to figure out the ideal revs for a good launch as soon as possible.  ;)

By design, this vacuum valve thingy is supposed to open at 3000 rpms to engage the supercharger. But it was only opening half way, so.... To make sure it was the valve causing the problem, we wired the supercharger all the way open....:blink: Yoowzers!  

They delivered the new part yesterday, so he is going to replace it this morning.  Along with the supercharger, they installed a racing exhaust with removable baffles. A heavy duty racing clutch to handle the extra torque. And they tweaked the suspension.  Interestingly, they can install an LS3 motor in it instead for $9000 more. :blink:  Next he is replacing the tires, wheels, maybe the brakes. I wonder how those 20 inch wheels would look on 'ol blue...^_^

Anyway, after driving this one with over $12,000 worth of mods, if I get one, I'll just stick to the base model with the cushier ride and base Skiactiv motor.;) 

mx5 001.JPG

By design, this vacuum valve thingy is supposed to open at 3000 rpms to engage the supercharger. But it was only opening half way, so.... To make sure it was the valve causing the problem, we wired the supercharger all the way open....:blink: Yoowzers!  

I think Mazda has done wonderful things with the Wankel engine!

I believe that the Wankel is in the MX8, not the 5. Just got my daughter a Mazda 3. She loves the car. I drove it before we picked it up, nice little compact. 

You're right, the MX8 did have the Wankel.  Mazda put it in the 5 as well, only that version of the Wankel has 3 fewer cylinders, and that's why Mazda calls it a '5'...

• Heart 2