You Tube

Airehead

What do you want the end product to look like?  If you have multimedia to work with and want it to look and feel like a lecture, set up the camera so the shot appears to be in a lecture hall/classroom.  Set up five or six pieces of paper behind the camera at various locations and heights with large X's on them.  Give your presentation like you are speaking to a group, and use the paper with X's as students and make eye contact with them as you speak, don't speak to or look directly at the camera.  the viewer sitting home in their tighty-whitey's will feel all awkward.

It'll feel like those watching are peeking in on a class as opposed to looking at a specific youtube video.  Edit it so it appears you are starting a segway in a longer presentation by cutting into something you are finishing as you begin your topic you want them to see.  When you finish, keep taking and fade volume and lighting so it appears you are moving onto another topic.  It'll make them want to see what other wonderful tidbits of info you can offer.  Will make them look for more from you, if that is what you want.

Wear clothes that offset the colour of the wall behind you, so you do not blend in, make sure your fly is up.

If all else fails, add kittens, youtube loves kittens

• Heart 1

I would like to make a you tube video-- nothing exciting, just a lecture on working with students with complex medical disabilities.  Can someone please offer me some useful hints on how to do this?

Brevity is the soul of wit. Applies to instructional videos as much as anything else.

I have a youtube channel, and it took me a while to learn this lesson.No matter how interesting you might think your subject matter is, it will be no match for microscopic attention spans.

Much better to make another video with a link from the first one if you have more to say.