Do you play the lottery?

Square Wheels

No.  A few times I've gotten scratch off cards as a gift from a friend, but there are so many different games and different rules for the lottery, I'm not even sure I'd know how to figure out if I won.  And I'd hate to have to bring them back to the store just to have the clerk keep telling me I'm a loser.

• Heart 1

"The lottery: a tax on people who are bad at math"

Exactly, every time I don't buy one, I'm what, $10 closer to retirement now.  Pretty sure they aren't just $1 anymore, no clue how much they are now.

Occasionally join the pool at work.

Besides, I'm still bitter over the whole "The lottery is for education!" lie. A bazillion dollars disappears into the General Fund.....and schools have to go begging.

Someone's head should roll for that lie. And here, they're still talking more property tax increases for "education". I HATE ILLINOIS!

Occasionally join the pool at work.

Someone's head should roll for that lie. And here, they're still talking more property tax increases for "education". I HATE ILLINOIS!

It happened in Michigan in the seventies.  People are still (and rightly so) bitter about it.  Bait and switch, and its legal as long as the government's doing it, not private enterprise. :angry:

I had one workplace where we had lottery pools when it got big; no longer there.  Used to buy lottery tickets once in a great while with an ex-gf as a laugh at life when we lost.  Pretty rare, and I haven't bought a ticket in several years.

Besides, I'm still bitter over the whole "The lottery is for education!" lie. A bazillion dollars disappears into the General Fund.....and schools have to go begging.

I used to think, too, that 'education' meant the K-12 kind then I realized by 'education' the politicians meant 'education' of lottery ticket buyers about statistics and odds of winning and math-ery and how great one chance in umpty-brazillion really amounted to and

what slow learners the average lottery ticket buyers are.

Edited by Thaddeus Kosciuszko
Edited to increase the chances of people reading it.
  • Heart 1

It happened in Michigan in the seventies.  People are still (and rightly so) bitter about it.  Bait and switch, and its legal as long as the government's doing it, not private enterprise. :angry:

I had one workplace where we had lottery pools when it got big; no longer there.  Used to buy lottery tickets once in a great while with an ex-gf as a laugh at life when we lost.  Pretty rare, and I haven't bought a ticket in several years.

but, but....it's for the children

:rolleyes:

I buy a ticket a few times a year.  I really believe I'll win someday.  I am not cut out for this working crap, I really need to retire, I just have no money.

...come visit me in the Big Tomato during state fair.  You, Cheese, and I can get all dressed up in double breasted jackets and fedoras, go over to the track, and make your retirement fund playing the ponies.:)