Engineers and football

maddmaxx

Remember that I attended Rensselaer back in an era when engineers really wore white shirts ties and pocket protectors.  In the early 60's Rensselaer had the longest college football loosing streak in history at that time.

I often wondered if it was the engineer in them that contributed to the problem.

Repel them.  Repel them.  Make them relinquish the ball.  Does that really do it for the football in you? How about

Ray ra ree.  Hit them in the knee.  Ray ra roch.  Hit them in 

the other knee.

Fortunately there was hockey season.  How do engineers learn to play hockey?  Are there really smart Canadians?

Remember that I attended Rensselaer back in an era when engineers really wore white shirts ties and pocket protectors.  In the early 60's Rensselaer had the longest college football loosing streak in history at that time.

I can't begin to imagine how terrible that must have been for you to attend Rensselaer.

All I can say is you should have applied to Union.

:P

I suspect they all would have been the same to me.  :(

Actually, if you had applied and graduated from Union it would have meant that you were more intelligent, more handsome, a better judge of fine wine, better mannered, more articulate, more able to leap taller buildings in a single bound, with countless ladies of all reputations swooning at your feet than if you had attended Rensselaer or Clarkson.

Actually, if you had applied and graduated from Union it would have meant that you were more intelligent, more handsome, a better judge of fine wine, better mannered, more articulate, more able to leap taller buildings in a single bound, with countless ladies of all reputations swooning at your feet than if you had attended Rensselaer or Clarkson.

The real secret.

Who knew that a physics major could learn to eek out a small income shooting pool or that so many women from Albany State were also regularly skipping classes.  These skills learned in a prestigious school would stand by me well during my soon to be 8 year career in the Navy.  The Physics classes were wonderful.  We spent months manipulating essentially frictionless circular "pucks" filled with dry ice and floating on an air cushion through inelastic collisions tracing their paths and calculating the results.  In the following months I gained an instinctive understanding of how circular (in 2d) objects interacted and how to judge their relative motion.  :P