Why all the hatin on the hippies?

Further

There was a time when my hair was much longer than it appears in my avatar and came across some 'hippie haters'.

It so happened I was taking a trip out to LA.  I was just tooling along in my Chevrolet, toking on a number and digging on the radio.

Just as I crossed the Mississippi line, I heard that highway start to whine...

I hope there was air in the spare.

Well, wouldn't you know it, the spare was flat and I got uptight.

There wasn't a filling stations in sight, so I just limped on down the shoulder on the rim.

When I'd gone as far as I could, I stopped the car right in front of this little bar - a red-neck looking joint.

It was called the Dew Drop Inn.

...in the pope's speech to congress today, he mentioned Dorothy Day (she of the Catholic Worker).  This from the Wikipedia entry for her:

Day's account of the Catholic Worker movement, Loaves and Fishes, was published in 1963.

Despite her anti-establishment sympathies, her judgment of the 60s counterculture was nuanced. She enjoyed it when Abbie Hoffman told her she was the original hippie, accepting it as a form of tribute to her detachment from materialism.[8] At the same time she disapproved of many who called themselves hippies. She described some she encountered in 1969 in Minnesota: "They are marrying young–17 and 18, and taking to the woods up by the Canadian border and building houses for themselves–becoming pioneers again." But she recognized in them the self-indulgence of middle-class affluence, people who had "not known suffering" and lived without principles. She imagined how soldiers returning from Vietnam would want to kill them, but thought what the "flower-people" deserved was "prayer and penance"

Armpit hair??

Armpit hair/leg hair on a chick = gross.  Sorry, forum ladies, I am conditioned by society, it is just the way that it is.

Oh yeah, pubic hair is gross, too, you should probably just maintain a full deforestation program to please us menfolk.  Thank you.

Edited by Randomguy

Armpit hair/leg hair on a chick = gross.  Sorry, forum ladies, I am conditioned by society, it is just the way that it is.

Oh yeah, pubic hair is gross, too, you should probably just maintain a full deforestation program to please us menfolk.  Thank you.

What's with men and bald beav??  I for one like to hit the 'patch' and have no interest in the shaved thing.  I used to like you RG -- now I like you but with a caveat.  You've got bigger issues than I originally thought -- which is saying a lot.  :wub:

What's with men and bald beav??  I for one like to hit the 'patch' and have no interest in the shaved thing.  I used to like you RG -- now I like you but with a caveat.  You've got bigger issues than I originally thought -- which is saying a lot.  :wub:

Man, I gotta say, nothing is more off-putting than seeing a gorilla naked.

But the pre-adolescence is hawt??  I need a patch, man.  I'm a jungle guy.  I hit the patch.  It's what I do.

I don't think any people really equate a nicely hair-free chick with young girls, those are not remotely the same thing.  You can beat about the bush as much as you want, but it won't change the fact that that is just nasty to most people.  

My friend Ron is like you, but he does questionable things.

Well, wouldn't you know it, the spare was flat and I got uptight.

There wasn't a filling stations in sight, so I just limped on down the shoulder on the rim.

When I'd gone as far as I could, I stopped the car right in front of this little bar - a red-neck looking joint.

It was called the Dew Drop Inn.