I silenced the engineer in the carpool.

MoseySusan

I didn't mean to because he's a quiet guy to begin with. The others were trying to draw him out into a friendly conversation. They were talking about buying a new truck, and he was talking about engine volume, fuel use, changes in design from year to year, bashing on Ford.  Then someone said something about lack of room for transporting kids. His reply was, "Kids are brats," to which I added, "They're kinda tough to engineer." He didn't say anything for the next 70 miles of the trip.  

Well, it's true.

• Heart 3

I didn't mean to because he's a quiet guy to begin with. The others were trying to draw him out into a friendly conversation. They were talking about buying a new truck, and he was talking about engine volume, fuel use, changes in design from year to year, bashing on Ford.  Then someone said something about lack of room for transporting kids. His reply was, "Kids are brats," to which I added, "They're kinda tough to engineer." He didn't say anything for the next 70 miles of the trip.  

Well, it's true.

I like that....hard to engineer. Classic.

Unfortunately, state laws have also made it illegal to transport children in the trunk.

Ball gags are frowned upon, too.

Well, it's true.

I find it pretty funny.  If the bastard takes himself so serious then you don't need him.  Just my 2 cents.

• Heart 2

Well, it's true.

And they are right about bashing the Fords.  Trying to get one equipped so can tow anything is freaking hard and then finding one is even harder, of course that is true of all the domestic trucks.