Worst beer you ever had ?

Further

I was about fourteen, between the three of us we had less than a dollar. We convinced somebody's older brother to buy us some beer, "the most you can get for this"

He came back with a jug of Canadian Ace, either a half gallon or a full gallon.

We couldn't finish it.   

PS    I just googled it, seems to make a lot of worst beer lists    :D

I remember Sam Adam's Honey Porter being awful...and I like porters.  Maybe I got a skunky one, it was long ago.

Michelob Ultra is pretty crappy stuff.  Advertising that you can make great tasting beer with 64 calories a bottle is fraud to begin with.

• Heart 1

Sam Adams Boston Lager is a good beer, their oddball brews tend to suck, IMO.  Mich Ultra isn't a great beer, but it is in a different league from truly crap beer.

I'm not saying to seek out bad beer, but surely you've had worse than that at some point in your life.  

I was drinking flight bars in a local pub.  I decided to try all of the IPAs that they had on tap.  They had a couple that were dreadful. Unfortunately I had been drinking and can't remember their names.:wacko:  I'm thinking they were probably bad to start with and other people already knew this so they sat there a long time before they were able to sell it all and put up something better.

Ok, I just remembered something even worse.  I'm not sure it can be called beer but I bought a case of it this summer. It's called 4Loco and is 12% alcohol and comes in fruit flavors and is in 24 ounce cans.  The girl at the beer store advised me not to buy it that I wouldn't like it.  I should have listened.  I still have ten cans if anyone wants to try it.

Edited by Longjohn

michelob, budweiser, rolling rock, zima (sorry RG)

:angry:

The worst beer ever?  Bud Light Lime.  It was when it came out, I was at a party, and someone thrusted it in my hand.  I was gonna put it back, then thought "Hey, this is new, I should probably try it now because I am not going to buy one, ever".  It was really gross.

The worst beer ever?  Bud Light Lime.  It was when it came out, I was at a party, and someone thrusted it in my hand.  I was gonna put it back, then thought "Hey, this is new, I should probably try it now because I am not going to buy one, ever".  It was really gross.

4Loco is in a whole nuther ballpark kind of bad from Bud Light Lime.

Easy..  Guinness, brewed and bottled in Barbados by Banks.  Tasted like Banks with a half bottle of bitters added.  I couldn't get past three sips..  

That's right, I forgot.  Guinness Draught from a bottle is completely dreadful as well.  Very nasty.

Page Turner:  The Italian beers I've had are definitely D+ grade, but they're not the worst I've ever had.  Then again, I'd probably choose a Budweiser over Peroni or Moretti.  But I'd still drink either of those before Guinness Draught.

Edited by LoneWolf

I was going to say Keystone but you reminded me of this crap...

Easily this stuff:

image.jpeg

Bought it on a whim when we were doing a Mexican-themed party. First taste was kind of fizzy pisswater lager, then the heat.....kind of novel. So far, not very good but not terrible.

Then came a big blast of slimy, vegetal green pepper flavor.

Drainpour.

When I said bud, I meant anything bud ;)

I cant drink heavy beers, my stomach just cant handle them. But back on one of our UP Micro Brewery Snowmobile tours, we were at one of the breweries and the owner was serving us free beer. He knew we would post our trip in the state snowmo mag, so he wanted a good review I guess. I tried a few but I didn't have the heart to tell him I couldn't drink his heavy beers. So I called it an early night and the rest of the guys stayed for the free suds. I think I made the right choice. Wound up leaving three hours late the next morning cause everyone was sicker than dogs. A few were even blowing chunks in their helmets. And that was only the first night.<_<

Oh God... my parents used to buy Milwaukee's Best by the case for less than I paid for one good beer. That stuff was nasty and tasted like the can it came in.

Finest pollution that Milwaukee River water can get you, I'm sure.

Around here, you always knew what age category was having a party by the beer.  College....Busch and Busch Light (for the ladies) cans.

A few years ago, I filled out a survey for a free six-pack of beer. Somehow, I got on a panel that has me go in and check out the display. I have to buy the beer. After a quick survey, I get between $15 and $25 bucks plus the cost of the beer. Anchor and Shock Top are popular, but every once in a while, I get something like PBR or Old Milwaukee.  Since I bought it, I might as well drink it, right? 

After drinking Tekate,PBR, and Old Milwaukee, the worst beer I ever had was Labatt's Bourbon Barrel Ale.

I just don't have it in me to ever try this stuff.

"This beer is a hate crime":D

I have never seen it or had it but I laughed out loud at the first review I read on it:   Pours a kind of vomit color you see when people throw up from drinking too much, but not on an empty stomach, you know, with bits of food coloring mixed with fizzy yellow beer hodgepodge of stuff. Totally offputting. Head instantly disappeared within 3 seconds of the pour. Aroma, even worse than the appearance, smelled worse than budweiser, and somehow worse than tomato juice. I hate tomato juice. Somehow they made it even worse here.

Jeez, the taste is even worse than the smell. Has all the pepper of a super hot bloody mary, a bunch of bitter lemon, and the usual beechwood aged stuff, while palatable, is far from it here. Just a mouthful of salt, lemon, tomato juice and budweiser. I think the only way you could make this any worse would be to add body parts or pickles to it. This beer is 100 times worse than budweiser, if you can even call it a beer. Take a blender, put some oysters, tomatoes, shitty beer and tap water from a sucky area with tons of chlorine, and I think you can make this concoction.

This beer is a hate crime. Its the worst beer I've ever had. I always see empties next to or around dirty diapers in public parks for whatever reason.

I just don't have it in me to ever try this stuff.

"This beer is a hate crime":D

It is a play on a Red Eye which is normally equal parts of Tomato and beer.  Good hangover drink.  Not the stuff in the can, a homemade one.  Clamato and vodka is a Bloody Ceasar.  Canada's answer to a Bloody Mary.

The worst was some Falls City beer around 1975. Falls City was the brewery that made Billy Beer - Billy being the President Carter's neer-do-well brother.

While FC was a horrible beer normally, we had ran out of beer at a picnic in Big Bone State Park in Kentucky. The Kentucky liquor laws of the time didn't allow the sale of beer on Sunday's (or maybe it wasn't until 1 PM on Sundays - it was that kind of picnic that we were out of beer before noon). Anyway the Rabbit Hash General Store offered to sell us a case of Falls City for twice the price anyway. I think they just wanted to get rid of the stuff and getting twice the price for it was a bonus.

When you popped the top (with a church key) it sucked in air. It smelt so skunked that skunks ran away. And it tasted worse. We drank the case of the junk anyway.

• Heart 2

A toss up between Red White and Blue from doG knows where and Grain Belt from St. Paul Mn.

Oh yeah...had a customer in Detroit that loved the ummmm....how to gently put this....screw it...the guy was a perv and he always wanted to go to the strip joints. Can't remember the name of the place but, they had their own label beer. The stuff was freaking horrible. Milwaukees Best/Busch was heaven compared to this swill.

• Heart 1

An equipment operator at work had screwed up and bent the 2 inch thick steel of the picker up attachment to his loader. My partner and I heated it up and beat the hell out of it to get it useable again. Saved the operators ass. He offered a case of beer as thanks.

My partner claimed fondness for Golden Eagle.

The operator brought a case in the next day, asked if he keep a can to try. We said sure. I took a can and told Kenny that he had done all hard work, go ahead and take the beer.

I dumped most of my can. Talked to the operator the next day. He asked if I liked the beer, No. Told me it cost about 7 dollars for a case. He had dumped most of his can also.

It is a play on a Red Eye which is normally equal parts of Tomato and beer.  Good hangover drink.  Not the stuff in the can, a homemade one.  Clamato and vodka is a Bloody Ceasar.  Canada's answer to a Bloody Mary.

I despise tomato juice, Clamato or V-8. They all taste like bile.

In college we happily drank many of the low-priced options listed in this thread.  Busch, Meister Brau.... I actually thought Milwaukee's Best ("the Beast") was one of the better entries in this category.

One night a little pub in Waterbury, VT enticed us with $1 pints of Genesee Ice, at the height of the "ice beer" craze.  That probably gets my vote.

• Heart 1