I tried... I really did.

torch511

I tried... I tried to like the new Bicycling forums but honestly, I just don't. There are some good people there, and there is some great advice and content but geez if it did not feel like Rodale gave everyone a huge middle finger.

Can't say I will NEVER post there again, but I am going to try here for a while.

• Heart 1

I hear you loud and clear.....I also tried to like the new format but they (Rodale) make it really difficult!! What good is it to have an alleged "real time" forum if everything you post has to be approved first? So much for having your bike on the stand with a broken part and then have to wait for the mod to take his sweet time while you wait for an answer from let's say Velobro who is one of the most knowledgeable guys over there!! Glad to be here folks!! Willing to help out!!

BTW, I underwent a total hip replacement last week Wednesday (Sep 18th) so the doc put me off the bike until Nov. 15th. So if there are any questions about bike wrenching please fire away! I will do my best to answer the call!!

Regards,

Luis ;)

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race."- H.G. Wells

BTW, I underwent a total hip replacement last week Wednesday

My favorite aunt (age 74) fell down about 2 months ago and broke her pelvis and her femur. Instead of setting the breaks and letting it heal they did a hip replacement and her recovery was amazingly fast. They kept her in rehab for the 20 days (allowed by insurance) but really she could have been out of there sooner. Hope your recovery goes as smooth and WELCOME to the forums. 

I am outbiked when I ride my current rigs.  (well maybe not the single speed), but I would REALLY be overbiked with that thing!

My single speed after 10 years still over bikes me.

DSC00724.jpg

Plus, it's so shiny.