Jersey Bins

Mr. Silly

When I ride I like to take a couple Snickers bars with me for energy.  The problem I have when I carry them in my jersey pocket is the candy bars sometime melts.  I was looking for a product that could help keep the inside of my jersey pockets clean and I found these Jersey Bins http://www.jerseybin.com/ which promise to protect my valuables.   Has anyone tried these out and do they work as well as they promise?

Thanks in advance.

Jersey bins....... jersey bins......... jersey buns?

The first topic in the Beginners Forum is spam jersey bins?  

Why wasn't it something interesting like bottle cages?

BTW - No, I use zip lock bags

Should've been about seasonal air or carbon fiber kick stands.

• Awesome 1

I've bought into the real food philosophy and make rice bars from the Feedzone and Portables cookbooks. Rice bars don't melt.  :)

I love those books. I'm a big fan of Skratch Labs products. The drink mix works really well for me especially on long rides. The rice bars and other portable food recipes are great, tasty and easily customizable to suit your taste and to what works for YOU on the bike.

• Heart 1

Clif bars + Ziploc bags.

I use them for wipes, my cell phone, and if there's a threat of rain, I'll carry one with a rubberband in it to cover my Garmin up if it starts pouring. My car has ziplocs all over the place. Even after I've gone through and cleaned it up, I'll find one stuck under a seat that I didn't see before.

• 6 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/18/2013 at 1:11 PM, Mr. Silly said:

When I ride I like to take a couple Snickers bars with me for energy.  The problem I have when I carry them in my jersey pocket is the candy bars sometime melts.  I was looking for a product that could help keep the inside of my jersey pockets clean and I found these Jersey Bins http://www.jerseybin.com/ which promise to protect my valuables.   Has anyone tried these out and do they work as well as they promise?

Thanks in advance.

These work better than a jersey bin.

E5430315-4E18-4D51-845E-DE669F28778E.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2013 at 1:11 PM, Mr. Silly said:

When I ride I like to take a couple Snickers bars with me for energy.  The problem I have when I carry them in my jersey pocket is the candy bars sometime melts.  

You are not eating them fast enough.

Then stop at a 7-11 (or similar) midway through the ride for a refill.

If you need a sugar fix during the ride, switch to non-chocolate such as red hots or Mike & Ike.

• Heart 1

• 2 years later...