Randombaby is still alive

Randomguy

Well, we both mainly want to experience the whole "It's a boy/girl" moment that day, and we can actually name the child that instant. We are looking at names like Luna (girl), Simon (boy of course), Walter, Alice, and a few others....

I like Luna. You could feed her Luna Bars.

Simon is a good name also.

Well, we both mainly want to experience the whole "It's a boy/girl" moment that day, and we can actually name the child that instant. We are looking at names like Luna (girl), Simon (boy of course), Walter, Alice, and a few others....

Luna is a hippie name, you realize.  Might as well call her 'Moonbeam'.  Anyway, you are also screwing yourself out of hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of baby clothes by not revealing a gender.   One thing I didn't realize is that there are multiple relatives that are all just waiting in a state of ape-shit readiness to go shopping for baby clothes the minute they know the gender.  Some will buy toys and such, too.  A fair amount of the population are just nuts for babies the way they are nuts for Jesus in the south, and they are dying to know because they are dying to outfit the little rugrat with cute onesies and such.

RG and RW have bought zero baby clothes ourselves.  Once people were told it was going to be a girl, the clothing started streaming in.  A pink car seat showed up from an Aunt in California, too.  Believe me when I say that babies are hyper-expensive enough without buying stuff that yours will grow out of in a couple of months.  It is a nice thing for relatives to notice the clothes they bought in the pictures you send, they want to help out and feel invested in the raising of genetically similar life forms.

Luna is a hippie name, you realize.  Might as well call her 'Moonbeam'.  Anyway, you are also screwing yourself out of hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of baby clothes by not revealing a gender.   One thing I didn't realize is that there are multiple relatives that are all just waiting in a state of ape-shit readiness to go shopping for baby clothes the minute they know the gender.  Some will buy toys and such, too.  A fair amount of the population are just nuts for babies the way they are nuts for Jesus in the south, and they are dying to know because they are dying to outfit the little rugrat with cute onesies and such.

RG and RW have bought zero baby clothes ourselves.  Once people were told it was going to be a girl, the clothing started streaming in.  A pink car seat showed up from an Aunt in California, too.  Believe me when I say that babies are hyper-expensive enough without buying stuff that yours will grow out of in a couple of months.  It is a nice thing for relatives to notice the clothes they bought in the pictures you send, they want to help out and feel invested in the raising of genetically similar life forms.

Well, the wifey (Janice) is a granola hippie freak. She's also a big Harry Potter fan, so that character 'Luna Lovegood' influenced the name choice somewhat.

She's agnostic... there's some cartoon out there that shows just two random people meeting at some gathering, and the one person says "Are you an atheist?" and the next cell shows them getting married. Fits the bill to an extent...not how we met or got started talking or anything, but we figured that out pretty quick and it was funny how things fall into place. It's just like maybe meeting on that site 'Christian Mingle', but of course, entirely different.