Cats are stinky and filthy and if you have them, then you are the worst sort of person there is.

Randomguy
Go to solution Solved by Randomguy,

I'm a cat person all the way, but we don't have one due to allergies (my wife and her mom).

I don't see cats eating feces - certainly that makes them less gross than some.  I have been lucky to have had a lot of very friendly cats in my life.

We have a rabbit.  Where do they rank?

I'm a cat person all the way, but we don't have one due to allergies (my wife and her mom).

I don't see cats eating feces - certainly that makes them less gross than some.  I have been lucky to have had a lot of very friendly cats in my life.

They rank #1.

..in stew.

• Heart 2

I am allergic to cats.  That said, I think all animals deserve attention and love and sexy times, but cats are pretty disgusting.  They smell so horribly bad, and make everything around them stink like cat pee.  You can housebreak a dog, but cats will pee continually to mark this or that or other, and just won't stop.

• Heart 1

I did not like cats.  And I was (at one point) extremely allergic.

I got married, and my allergy had greatly dissipated.  We found this out when we got a dog in a very large Maine Coon cat's body, who we named Lloyd.

Lloyd was my best buddy ever.  He'd watch baseball on television with me, and thought it was the world's greatest privilege to share the couch.  He and I had great fun.  When he passed away way too early from cardiomyopathy, I bawled and howled like a five-year old who lost a goldfish.

We now have four cats.  None of them behave in a prissy, stuck-up, or stand-offish manner.  Which leads me to believe disliking cats has a lot to do with stereotypes or personality mismatches, and it's all about finding the right animal.

My best man at my wedding said that he knew WoLW was the one for me because "LW would never, ever tolerate the idea of cats in the house unless it was because of someone he loved".  Works for me.

• Heart 4

We have a cat and, as a fellow living creature, she is very sweet and loving.  That said, when Daughter1 moves into an apartment and takes the aforementioned cat with her, we won't be getting another.  I never want to deal with another litter box again.  Ever.

Like.

EVER.

I did not like cats.  And I was (at one point) extremely allergic.

I got married, and my allergy had greatly dissipated.  We found this out when we got a dog in a very large Maine Coon cat's body, who we named Lloyd.

Lloyd was my best buddy ever.  He'd watch baseball on television with me, and thought it was the world's greatest privilege to share the couch.  He and I had great fun.  When he passed away way too early from cardiomyopathy, I bawled and howled like a five-year old who lost a goldfish.

We now have four cats.  None of them behave in a prissy, stuck-up, or stand-offish manner.  Which leads me to believe disliking cats has a lot to do with stereotypes or personality mismatches, and it's all about finding the right animal.

My best man at my wedding said that he knew WoLW was the one for me because "LW would never, ever tolerate the idea of cats in the house unless it was because of someone he loved".  Works for me.

You know, people are making the mistake of thinking I don't like cats.  This is untrue, I like many cats.  My friend that I am staying with has 13 cats.  This is too many.

What I did say is true, they are disgusting creatures, horribly gross.  Stinky, hairy beasts shat from the bowels of hell itself.  They don't clean themselves, they lick themselves, which does not make them clean.  If you licked yourself all over, would your friends say "Oh, there goes that Square Wheels guy, he licks himself all over, a couple of times a day.  You could eat off of his ass, it is so clean".   No, of course not, they would think Square Wheels was totally gross, but cats get a pass for this?  And litter boxes?  I am guessing you don't poop in a litter box for a reason, and that reason is stench.  One of the cats that follows me constantly has the absolute worst stench when he craps in the litter box, just unreal.  Of course, he likes to track the litter around when he comes out, too, but he will lick it off of himself.

Yuck.

Edited by Randomguy

We have a cat and, as a fellow living creature, she is very sweet and loving.  That said, when Daughter1 moves into an apartment and takes the aforementioned cat with her, we won't be getting another.  I never want to deal with another litter box again.  Ever.

Like.

EVER.

Litter boxes or regular walks, a pooper scooper, and a baggie.  You pays yer money and you takes yer choice.

By the way, I love dogs too.  I'm just not in a position where we can regularly walk one (we each work 40 miles from home), so a dog will have to wait until I retire.  Cats can watch over themselves for a few things that make them easier for us to care for them.

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

I agree with the original sentiment. I had to pick up 3 or 4 huge cat litter boxes someone dropped on a job site today. Gross & disgusting

yes, that is a Franklin planner on the dash. I roll Old School

2015-12-01 12.50.33.jpg

I loved my Daytimers.

• Heart 1

• 6 years later...