OK Medical forum it is.

maddmaxx

Mrs maxx's cancer is designated as stage III colo rectal and chemo has been prescribed.  There will be much rushing around over the next few weeks as she is scheduled to get a "port" implanted so the chemo can be piped in.  Then there's the cat scan to do a last minute search for any other tumors that weren't detected yet.  Genetic testing because they now believe that my wife's family may have Lynch Syndrome as there are far more colorectal cancers than there should be in the family tree.

She's bummed.  I'm bummed.  I'm sure that if Lynch Syndrome is proven that the kids will be bummed.  Sometimes life sucks.

Stage III Colon Cancer

...I thought this was informative.  It addresses the age issue, which a lot of stuff seems to ignore.  It does seem that the stated odds are improved by the Chemo, as horrible as it is.  I'm sure they will advise you on coping strategies for the chemotherapy, but sometimes you have to experiment to find what works.  Long pull ahead, though. :(  The kids have the genetic mixing in their favor.  

Thank you all for the wishes.  Somehow I think Mrs maxx is stronger about all this than I am.

I'm bummed by the nature of the "cure".  Since the known tumor was removed there is nothing to judge the success or failure of the chemo process.  It's just a probability.  "Do this and chances of a return are improved by 15%"

Bad news, Maxx but there is hope.

One of our family friends presented in the ER one night with what was diagnosed as stage 4 colon cancer. That was around 7 years ago. Today she is a force of nature again. Created and drives a foundation to raise money and awareness to get low income folks screened and treated for colon cancer.