Anudder Sunday Ride 12/8/13

Mr. Beanz

Where the heck are the people on roller blades, kids riding with training wheels, joggers, baby strollers, people lollygagging in the middle of the lane?  What kind of place do you ride in?

Hahaha! The trail is 30 miles one way and mostly like this pictured. We pass maybe 3 or 4 parks along the way. Maybe 5 joggers, a or 2 roller bladers, no baby buggies, 2 or 3 dogs on a leash.

It is real nice when it gets cold like this (55 is windbreaker weather for us CA riders). When it's windy you see even less riders. The 45 mph wind seems to scare off 98% of the riders. So on not so ideal days, we have a ton of open space to enjoy the trail. When I mention riding the trail, seems too many forum viewers assume we are riding the the middle of Central Park.

I'll take a pic of one of my "bike trails" in the spring.  I don't think they plow it during the winter, but I'm not riding outside anymore anyhow.

The most annoying are the joggers with earbuds that decide they have gone far enough and make a quick U-turn without even looking over their shoulder to see who's coming.  When I commute to work the bike path part is about 10 miles or so of the ride.  Aside from crossing the many roads I need to go over, I usually stop at least 3 times for stupid people.

• Heart 2

I'll take a pic of one of my "bike trails" in the spring.  I don't think they plow it during the winter, but I'm not riding outside anymore anyhow.

The most annoying are the joggers with earbuds that decide they have gone far enough and make a quick U-turn without even looking over their shoulder to see who's coming.  When I commute to work the bike path part is about 10 miles or so of the ride.  Aside from crossing the many roads I need to go over, I usually stop at least 3 times for stupid people.

I don't mind ridign streets but the path is much safer as I have Gina with me. She has made 3 small mistakes within the last 15 years and I'd say all 3 could have cost her her life if we had been on the roads so the trail is good. Unless it's a mountain road with little traffic.

Riders have been getting killed in our local area, and as you've seen, even the cops are running us over now. I'll deal with a jogger or two. ;-)

• Heart 1