Do you lock your doors when your not home?

Gump

I am not going to answer this.  You know where I live.  But, yes, I do lock my doors and I do not carry keys.  This has been an issue when the power is out and garage door will not open.  I solved that by installing a manual garage door bypass thingee from Home Depot.

• Heart 1

We have a keypad for our front door.  If the battery dies, we're screwed as we don't have a key hidden anywhere.  Thanks for the reminder, where should I hide the key?

You could get one of the 'rocks' to hide a key in.

big_thumb_hide-a-key_realistic_rock_1.jp

Then a burglar would know where to find it.

You could also get one that looks like a sprinkler head, which might not be quite so obvious.

discrete-sprinkler-head---hide-a-key---a

Or, you could hide a battery inside the rock or fake sprinkler head instead of a key, assuming the battery is accessible at the keypad.

We have a keypad for our front door.  If the battery dies, we're screwed as we don't have a key hidden anywhere.  Thanks for the reminder, where should I hide the key?

We have a shed in the back yard. I have a key hidden in it. My daughter who only lives about a mile away also has a key.

Our neighborhood is getting pretty bad. Even though we have a 55 lb dog who barks like he's mean, we keep the place locked up when we aren't home.

Why start now.  Page 47 of the jsharr manual on life - "Never say please".

:)

Um, hate to tell you this but the jsharr manual on life has 4 pages

Birth - Page 1

School - Page 2

Work - Page 3

Death - Page 4

Pages 1 and 4 are in color.

Here is the video I had made of the book.

The house is locked (and alarmed) when no one is home. My daughters typically lock it when I'm not home. If I am home then I don't bother locking it until bedtime.

My cars however are unlocked - they are worth more stolen. So feel free to come by and steal either pieces of poo currently in the driveway. Heck, if you steal the caravan I won't even report it.

Generally yes, although I've been known to forget to lock the sliding glass doors.

This is generally a low crime area so I'm not terribly concerned, plus I have a number of retired neighbors who keep close tabs on all the comings and goings. .

This is generally a low crime area so I'm not terribly concerned, plus I have a number of retired neighbors who keep close tabs on all the comings and goings. .

this must cut down on you having one night stands.. Nothing like having old people watch the walk of shame :)