Introduction

Ty0604

7 hours ago, Ty0604 said:

I'm not a fan of bacon but I don't eat much meat. Not vegetarian but I don't actively eat meat.

So you eat meat inactively?  A male person requires something like 75 grams of protein a day.  I have trouble getting that much and I actively eat meat.  How do you get enough protein without eating meat?

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I would also rethink the whole gym-shorts thing, lycra is around for very good reasons, functional reasons.  

...I think maybe they make some stuff that does not have seams in the "business areas" now. Otherwise, no way in hell. A couple or three long days in the saddle and a saddle sore or two and you rethink that right away.  There's tough, and then there's sore crotch..........sore crotch trumps tough every time. :excl:

I guess you could rub bacon fat on there, though.:)

• Heart 1

17 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I would also rethink the whole gym-shorts thing, lycra is around for very good reasons, functional reasons.  

Running shorts, not gym shorts. There's a big difference. I've toured before and never used Lycra. Seattle to San Diego twice, Cincinnati to Seattle and Seattle to Green Bay. I do wear padded shorts under my running shorts though. Then again I also don't wear a helmet which seems to be a sin here in America :) Much less fret about it where I grew up at in Germany. 

17 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

So you eat meat inactively?  A male person requires something like 75 grams of protein a day.  I have trouble getting that much and I actively eat meat.  How do you get enough protein without eating meat?

Almost all vegetables, beans, grains, nuts, and seeds contain some, and often much, protein. I get plenty from all of these on a daily basis. 

5 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Thank you! I will check it out today. 

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Dottles said:

It'd be cool if guys like that checked in. I want to hear all about it.

He may or may not have even been a cyclist. It kinda sounded like he was just blowing smoke. I was on another forum that had a guy who was always planning his coast to coast trip. He was always planning it for two years out and every year he would push the date back another year.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

He may or may not have even been a cyclist. It kinda sounded like he was just blowing smoke. I was on another forum that had a guy who was always planning his coast to coast trip. He was always planning it for two years out and every year he would push the date back another year.

I've got Mt Washington on my radar!  Too bad it looks like this year was kiboshed!  Under an hour, baby!!!!!

• Awesome 1

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...