Food fight - Kids facing suspension?

charlie burgh

So they did this away from school at a burger joint.  How can the school enforce what happens off school property?

Some students could be facing suspension for their actions, according to ABC News’ San Antonio affiliate KSAT-TV.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/09/texas-food-fight-caught-on-students-cell-phones/

Schools are constantly over stepping their bounds anymore.  Of course I guess that's logical since most schools are ran by liberals and liberals are always looking to extend their control.

<There that should get this discussion moving>

It appears it may have been some sort of post game party, possib.y arranged by / through the school, as it talks about balloons and streamers, etc.  If so, then I could see how students could be held accountable, esp. if they were band members, team members, etc

What if they were on a school field trip and did the same thing?

It appears it may have been some sort of post game party, possib.y arranged by / through the school, as it talks about balloons and streamers, etc.  If so, then I could see how students could be held accountable, esp. if they were band members, team members, etc

What if they were on a school field trip and did the same thing?

"A Texas football rivalry got messy when dozens of high school students got into a food fight at a San Antonio Whataburger after a game.

The food fight between O’Connor High School and Brandeis High School happened after Brandeis’ football team defeated O’Connor 12-10 on Saturday night."

Post football game.

If it was a school function, yes, suspension or something.  But if not, school should have nothing to do with it.  This happened in Texas, can you drive over to the town and find out more info jshärr®.

now hold on now, we need to look at some facts here....

FACT: we're talkin Whataburger here boys

FACT: This was Friday night after a football game

FACT: Whataburger decorated the place and tried to hold an aftergame reception for the two schools

FACT: just look what them kids did to the place!

No when you look at all the facts, you need to say "well, what are you lookin at?" and then you need to either shoot em, turn the hose on em, or kick em out of school

We're talkin Whataburger, Texas high school football, and Friday night

a stranger around there could cause a shootin cause enough of a things enough, y'all

So a bit of checking.  That Whataburger is listed on the Northside ISD website as some sort of community partner, so it has ties and affiliations with one of not both schools in question,

http://www.nisd.net/partners/campus/1/contacts

They might host some sort of post game activity, etc. so I can see how students could face disciplinary action for this.

Also, it is a about a 5 hour drive from here, so I gotta get rolling to get Charlie some answers and Couch a burger.

When referring to me, you need to include the Copyright symbol next to my name or I will sue you!  CheeseNips will be acting as my attorney in this matter.

- Charlie Burgh©

Let this post stand as formal Square Wheels Forum wide notice that henceforth Charlie Burgh© will hereinafter be referred to by any of the following: Charlie, Wanker, wanker, chuck, Chuck, dude, man, that guy, or any other thing I choose in all post by jsharr.

I guess "Don't mess with Texas" goes in triplicate form for high school football fans.

Considering Texas views on crime enforcement, how likely are there to be charges and of the death penalty?

Depends on the judge really.  If it was me, they would be in boat load of trouble for trashing a Whataburger.   Take that stuff to McDonalds or Jack in the Box or Burger King.

I hope that judge teaches those kids to be glad for what they have

...we don't have any Whataburgers up here in Pennsylvania. Its a damn shame, too

Well said.  Those kids should be forced to eat White Castle burgers, or at least try to have a food fight with those tiny burgers.