I think the low minimum wage is depressing the economy

Randomguy

g_discobolos.jpg

Large penises were associated with attacking barbarians, which is purportedly why discus throwers were carved with little dingles.   They didn't want to be associated with the course, uncultured pagans according to WoRG, who wisely invested lots and lots of money to get a masters in Art History. Supposedly this means that Italians have normal-sized penises, but I am not buying it.

<seriousresponse>Raising the minimum wage does not make the workers more skilled. They have a role to fill as do us all. If they want a higher earning potential they must improve their skill set.

Accepting the job at minimum wage then only complaining about the pay as a means to their survival is idiocy. They should look towards the betterment of themselves; not look towards handouts from those that have already.

</seriousresponse>

<Silly>

Less clothing from you would only improve eye-bleach sales

</Silly>

• Heart 1

<seriousresponse>Raising the minimum wage does not make the workers more skilled. They have a role to fill as do us all. If they want a higher earning potential they must improve their skill set.

Accepting the job at minimum wage then only complaining about the pay as a means to their survival is idiocy. They should look towards the betterment of themselves; not look towards handouts from those that have already.

</seriousresponse>

<Silly>

Less clothing from you would only improve eye-bleach sales

</Silly>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How dare you post a serious reply!!!  You even freaked out the software, and quoting is all screwed up now!

Hang your head in shame.

I want to know when the hell working at McDonalds became a career vocation. The reason you can't live on minimum wage is so that you will get off your kiester and learn some job skills that pay better

That won't work and you know it.  People are lazy and don't want to better themselves, so we should just pay them more and then everyone will be happier.

I think the people saying the current minimum wage have a point, and it probably should be raised to improve the ecomony.

Therefore, I suggest the federal government should mandate the minimum wage should be $100 per hour.

That should really get things going!  And if it doesn't then make the minimum wage $200 per hour!

The economy is far more hampered by high taxes and the brutally high cost of social welfare programs than it is low minimum wage.

I remember not so long ago when people had the ambition to go out and work hard and EARN a good wage. Now it seems like people just want the federal government to mandate one. That only works if you are interested in paying $6.00 for a McD's value menu cheeseburger.

Then again, our minimum wage is presently a LOT more than the $38 per month minimum wage in Bangladesh. They are on strike to raise their wage to $100 per month.

Damned if I'm going to pay on thin dime more for clothes or consumer electronics so that some forgeiner can sleep in a hut that actually has a floor in it

...... so that some forgeiner can sleep in a hut that actually has a floor in it

Yeah we have it soooooo  bad here.   Most people who are paid minimum wage in the US are very wealthy compared to most of the population in the world.

Now that I think of it…  one could argue that just about ALL of people in the US are part of the 1% of the wealthiest people in the world.

Yeah we have it soooooo  bad here.   Most people who are paid minimum wage in the US are very wealthy compared to most of the population in the world.

Now that I think of it…  one could argue that just about ALL of people in the US are part of the 1% of the wealthiest people in the world.

That is silly.

when I was in Pacific Fleet I got to see some real 3rd world poverty and even the worst parts of Philly are better than those places.

so they shipped the factories over there, pay those people squat, and make out like fat bastards

What I think really sucks is that our consumer electronics devices rely more and more on rare earth metals that are mined by child labor in the 3rd world. Its very hazardous because the dust from these metals is toxic, so they use children who are presumably expedible

all so our kids can sit around all day playing XBox