And so begins a new chapter in the life of my home

jsharr

8 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...total home remodel is hard.  Stay strong.The only think you can count on with many contractors is not to count on them. :mellow:

The company doing this is a husband and wife team.  they were both there this AM before the start of demo.  They have been great so far and everyone we know who has used them has been impressed and given positive reviews.

We asked friends and neighbors for reccomendations and got three guotes / designs before making our choice.

I am confident they will do a great job.

• Heart 1

32 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Wait a minute... :scratch head:

Those pictures don't quite match up with the previously posted floor plans.

For example, I don't see any pictures of the area that was identified on the plans as "Jsharr's Den of Iniquities"...

that is in the basement, next to PeeWee's bike

• Haha 1

First pic is looking into den from sunroom

Second pic is front hallway into den.  The small room middle back will become our new laundry / utility room.

Last pic is the kithcen. The wall to the left where the ducting is hanging will go next.

Kitchen, den, hallway and sunroom will become open plan.

12308762_10206822335974397_7253153550644884941_n.jpg

12313750_10206822336054399_8467952591401763957_n.jpg

12341317_10206822336294405_6183369184868861560_n.jpg

Yes, my contractor is a hottie, so what?

On the coolness meter, there is this.  Apparently when my parents bought this house, the stripped the wallpaper in the kithcen and put up new wall paper.  When the wall paper came down yesterday, this was under neath.  That is all in my handwriting.  One is an up / down button for an elevator.  One is the numbers for the floors 1 through 9.  One is me telling my mother hello.  @Page Turner should like this.

20151209_213731_resized.jpg

20151210_074501_resized.jpg

20151210_074507_resized.jpg

• Heart 4

• 5 years later...
1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

I apologize for spending my money in the wrong place trying to make you happy.

I feel like an unhappy married couple.

I very much appreciate your efforts. Without this forum I would at the library looking up pretty women in old copies of Redbook magazines. 

You aren't currently paying me alimony so I think another apology is appropriate.  

Cheese

9 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Enough about shoes; how’d the reno turn out?

Asi Aso.  Really should have spent more time improving the bones and come back at a later date to do more cosmetic stuff.    I lost my office and miss it more than I thought.  No private space in the house now other than bedrooms.  Nice to be able to have friends over and cook, hang out at kitchen island, cook, mix drinks, etc.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I lost my office and miss it more than I thought.  No private space in the house now other than bedrooms. 

Is there space for an addition or an unattached workspace? 
We’re poised to reno the other half of the house, soon. I would like to turn the corner bedroom into a hobby room with stained concrete floor, sink and countertop, and add another window to the west wall. mr. is not feeling it.