And so begins a new chapter in the life of my home

jsharr

8 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Is there space for an addition or an unattached workspace? 
We’re poised to reno the other half of the house, soon. I would like to turn the corner bedroom into a hobby room with stained concrete floor, sink and countertop, and add another window to the west wall. mr. is not feeling it. 

Once the boys move out for good will have a guest bedroom and an office / man cave again.  Not sure we want to add on at this point.

Just now, jsharr said:

Once the boys move out for good will have a guest bedroom and an office / man cave again.  Not sure we want to add on at this point.

Oh, that makes sense. Do they know that leaving is part of the plan? #2 was kind of miffed that when they insisted on moving out, we helped them pack and get going. I think they expected a little resistance. 

• Haha 3

As we are looking at homes in AZ, we plan to downsize, but we also know there is a minimum limit because we are giving up the basement storage/2nd family room. Also WoW is working from home and if I get the job I am seeking, I can work from home part of the time as well. We are looking for homes with 3 bedrooms and a den or 4 bedrooms. Seems crazy for an empty nest, but that way we can have a dedicated guest bedroom that won't disrupt working from home. 

• Awesome 1