Time to panic?

SuzieQ

-Winter Storm Watches in effect for our entire region

-Snow begins as early as mid to late morning tomorrow in the form of light snow.

-Snow becomes heavier towards the afternoon into the overnight into Sunday AM.

-Snowfall rates exceeding 1" per hour, combined with winds gusting to 30 mph will create localized near blizzard conditions at time.

-Snow may mix with sleet across our most southern zones, which may lower snowfall totals.

-Roads may become impassable during the height of the storm Saturday eve due to blowing snow and heavy snowfall rates. 

-Accumulations of 6-12 inches, cannot rule out localized amounts in the higher elevations possibly exceeding a foot. 

Or should I just get my snowshoes and xcountry skis out and ready?  :)

Get a good movie, some hot chocolate, a good book, a warm blanket and enjoy.

I have to come to work in the middle of the night / early morning.  Then zip out to a bike class then come back to work until early evening.  After that I'll be dead tired and need to commute home.  Hopefully ours will be done, we're expecting a foot or so too.

Wow, for a buddhist you carry too much stress.  Go meditate.  If there is too much snow for people to travel safely, cancel classes.  They'd expect that.  I understand you'll lose money, but better than losing your life.

It's not a class at  my studio, so I don't get to cancel.  I will be canceling classes at my studio :)

-Winter Storm Watches in effect for our entire region

-Snow begins as early as mid to late morning tomorrow in the form of light snow.

-Snow becomes heavier towards the afternoon into the overnight into Sunday AM.

-Snowfall rates exceeding 1" per hour, combined with winds gusting to 30 mph will create localized near blizzard conditions at time.

-Snow may mix with sleet across our most southern zones, which may lower snowfall totals.

-Roads may become impassable during the height of the storm Saturday eve due to blowing snow and heavy snowfall rates. 

-Accumulations of 6-12 inches, cannot rule out localized amounts in the higher elevations possibly exceeding a foot. 

Or should I just get my snowshoes and xcountry skis out and ready?  :)

That's a typical winter day on the Tug Hill Plateau....