Boy, REI has really turned into a gang of fuckers

Randomguy

I got an early Christmas gift, a fancy-pants vest, I need the next size down.  I called the local REI store to verify they had my size for an even exchange, they said they aren't doing crap for me because my parents aren't members and didn't buy it under a membership, then they said "fuck you, and everyone you know".   Since I know you people, I figured you would be as outraged as I am.  

I would recommend that you shop elsewhere if you are buying gifts for other people, or even yourself.  Screw REI, they are on the shit list now.

Edited by Randomguy

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I got an early Christmas gift, a fancy-pants vest, I need the next size down.  I called the local REI store to verify they had my size for an even exchange, they said they aren't doing crap for me because my parents aren't members and didn't buy it under a membership, then they said "fuck you, and everyone you know".   Since I know you people, I figured you would be as outraged as I am.  

I would recommend that you shop elsewhere if you are buying gifts for other people, or even yourself.  Screw REI, they are on the shit list now.

If you ask nicely I'm sure TheKrazyOne could help you out.

34 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

...i don't think they meant me, because I am a member.  They can't say that to members.:)

While REI has some great and nifty stuff, damn, they are expensive. Membership or not.

And the idiot scrawny millenials that work there with the man-bun kinda thing going on really annoy me. I always leave a half smoked cigar in those stores when I need to stop in for something. Pisses them off.   :)

• Heart 1

On 12/18/2015 at 8:34 PM, Kzoo said:

If you ask nicely I'm sure TheKrazyOne could help you out.

Hmm, I forgot that he was working there, maybe he can come to my rescue.  

My parents are older, and my mom is pretty fragile from all she went through from the leukemia, so of course I told them I loved the vest.  No way in hell I am asking them for the receipt.  REI is going to have a real mess on their hands immediately after Christmas this year, they are gonna see hundreds of thousands of scenarios like this, and pissed off people don't come back so much.

On 12/18/2015 at 9:01 PM, Page Turner said:

...i don't think they meant me, because I am a member.  They can't say that to members.:)

They specifically meant you, and me, too, I am also a member.