Please make it stop!

Square Wheels

Oh the madness.

There was a pretty good spam that made it in.   Keep in mind our exchange server probably has a couple hundred thousand people on it, not huge, but not huge, but not a small company either.

There are few grammar errors, but not too bad.  It came from a real employee's email account and was sent to many thousands of people.  Then a few replies (to all) saying things like Done, Verified, All set...  Again, pretty well done on the virus end.

Now... there are so many idiots Replying All saying they think this looks suspicious, I reported this to IT...  Do they think the get brownie points for being a genius and discovering the obvious?  I'm shutting off my email.

The post below does not have the link in it, let me know if you want it.

Dear Staff(s).

New security updates need to be performed on our servers,due to the rate of phishing. Please CLICK HERE and sign in to the IT Help server for maintenance and update of your mailbox.

If your mailbox is not updated soon, Your account will be inactive and cannot send or receive messages.

On behalf of the IT department, this IT Alert Notification was brought to you by the Help Desk Department. This is a group email account and its been monitored 24/7, therefore, please do not ignore this notification, because its very compulsory.

Sincerely,

IT Department

©2015 Microsoft outlook. All rights reserved

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

OK, I work with idiots.  I've had my email off since I posted this, now I have about 50 email replied to everyone on the spam asking people not to reply to everyone.

Technically, I do not believe that posting on here makes us coworkers, you big jerk.

You are the idiot, not us.

• Heart 2

20 hours ago, smudge said:

SW, how do you keep your temper/sanity/ job?? I would blow a freakin' gasket at morons like that. In fact, I HAVE... and I am this close to being shown the door. :( I am in awe at your tongue-biting ability.

Yeah, but I don't know most of them.  My hospital has about 20,000 employees, and we're part of a largeish hospital group.  We are one of the two parent hospitals, and we're the smaller one.

21 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

OK, I work with idiots.  I've had my email off since I posted this, now I have about 50 email replied to everyone on the spam asking people not to reply to everyone.

These are the people you put on a special list.  Then send them emails regarding their share of recovered fortunes in Liberia and winning the Irish lottery, if only they send you their bank account/credit card information.

• Heart 1