The coolest car you ever owned

Road Runner

Citroen Diane which took me all over France carrying four adults and pulling a luggage trailer. The car had only a 600cc engine but this was unburstable and could sustain seventy miles per hour all day.

Sadly after having it for quite a few years I had to get rid of it as it was a chick magnet.

citroen-dyane-2014-6.jpg

• Heart 1

Ariane, my 1994 Acura Integra GS-R.  I had her 4-wheel double wishbone independent suspension rebuilt with 4-way adjustable shocks and stiffer coil springs, and had a larger-diameter rear swaybar installed.  Also came with a front strut tower bar the previous owner had installed; she was probably about 10% stiffer than stock, making already tight handling even tighter.  17" Enkei rims to round that out, and custom stereo by yours truly.  Paradise Blue-Green pearl paint was only available 94-95.

Fastest I've ever gone in a vehicle is 127mph in her (there was more left, the fuel cutoff supposedly kicks in at 137mph).  Redline of 8,000mph which I hit twice; her engine was incredibly solid. Close-ratio 5spd, and incredibly fun to drive.  Also very costly in insurance due to high stolen-car rates on the West Coast (top ten even in 2005 when I sold her) and my own driving habits.

94integra.JPG

Edited by LoneWolf

27 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

I think this is as close as I ever came to having a cool car.  (Likely not close enough).  1991 Ford Taurus SHO, 3L V6, 220hp, 5-speed.  Lotsa torque.  A blast to drive but an under-engineered money pit.  This is not mine but almost identical.

3216036198_ba396efe77_z.jpg?zz=1

I was always impressed with them on paper, especially since I think it was the cylinder head that was made by Yamaha.  Sounds a lot like my 84 Dodge Daytona Turbo, which was also a blast to drive, but most of my driving was to the dealer service department for mostly electrical foibles. :angry::blink:  It was a worn-out POS by the time I unloaded it in 1989 for a Honda product that was a paragon of reliability, never to go back. :)

Edited by The Inedible Bulk

I saw this ad in a Playboy magazine in the Spring of 1968.  I went down to the Chrysler-Plymouth dealer and special ordered one exactly like this.  Sunfire yellow, black vinyl top, upgraded interior, performance hood treatment, 335 hp Roadrunner engine, automatic transmission, road wheels.   Approximate window sticker $3,500.  Bought it for $3,000.

1968_Plymouth_Road_Runner_ad6.jpg

12 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

I saw this ad in a Playboy magazine in the Spring of 1968.  I went down to the Chrysler-Plymouth dealer and special ordered one exactly like this.  Sunfire yellow, black vinyl top, upgraded interior, performance hood treatment, 335 hp Roadrunner engine, automatic transmission, road wheels.   Approximate window sticker $3,500.  Bought it for $3,000.

1968_Plymouth_Road_Runner_ad6.jpg

Meep-meep!

As far as Mopars, I always like the Dodge Coronet Superbees in light blue, IIRC.  BRB.

ebay785197.jpg

8 minutes ago, The Inedible Bulk said:

No, I do not!  Allz I know is I love blue, and it goes well with white. :)

Chrysler always had letter designations for their body styles in those days.  They had an A-body, a C-body etc.

The midsize Dodge and Plymouth (Coronet and Satellite) were B-bodies.  Hence, the Super Bee.  :)

• Heart 1

Just now, Roadrunner said:

Chrysler always had letter desigantions for their body styles in those days.  They had an A-body, a C-body etc.  The midsize Dodge and Plymouth (Satellite and Coronet) were B-bodies.  Hence, the Super Bee.  :)

OK, I was way off. But that's the risk of posting stuff like this in what is ostensibly a cycling forum.

th?id=OIP.M4f2b7fa534d9092da307dda024631

I had a 55 chevy in high school, I kept it for seven years.  Mine didn't have the blower and fancy wheels but other than that it looked like this one.  It started out Coral and Cream color but I painted it metallic blue.  It had power windows, electric seat, and a two speed cast iron powerglide tranny.  Mine wasn't built with aftermarket parts like the ones you see at the car shows today it was all original and had many gallons of Bondo in it before I painted it.  I had a couple convertables that were pretty cool, a 63 Falcon with a V8 and four on the floor and a 63 Oldsmobile Cutless with a 215 cubic inch all aluminum V8. After the Oldsmobile I lost interest in cars and owned an endless progression of four wheel drives, trucks, vans, utility vehicles.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

th?id=OIP.M4f2b7fa534d9092da307dda024631

I had a 55 chevy in high school, I kept it for seven years.  Mine didn't have the blower and fancy wheels but other than that it looked like this one.  It started out Coral and Cream color but I painted it metallic blue.  It had power windows, electric seat, and a two speed cast iron powerglide tranny.  Mine wasn't built with aftermarket parts like the ones you see at the car shows today it was all original and had many gallons of Bondo in it before I painted it.  I had a couple convertables that were pretty cool, a 63 Falcon with a V8 and four on the floor and a 63 Oldsmobile Cutless with a 215 cubic inch all aluminum V8. After the Oldsmobile I lost interest in cars and owned an endless progression of four wheel drives, trucks, vans, utility vehicles.

That olds would be a prize today.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

That olds would be a prize today.

That is amazing they had an all aluminum engine before the Vega - I guess it probably had iron sleeves?  That does sound like a cool car.  I loved my first car, a rusty old 63 Olds 88 four door in a sand metallic.  The 350 V8 was quite nice. :)  My dad was always an Olds guy but I started out as an MG guy, now a Honda guy since 1989. :)

Just now, maddmaxx said:

The 3 box years were my favorite for that car.  Whether it was with a hot 340 or in my case a big block it was a hot rod with the soul of a taxi cab.

My Dart had a 273 in it when I got it. When my buddy totaled his Road Runner we wedged the 383 into the Dart. My best friend brother had a Dodge Dart GTX with a 383 and I wanted to copy that setup. Shortly after I got it running with the help of a few friends that were into drag racing I lost my drivers license. 

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BR46 said:

My Dart had a 273 in it when I got it. When my buddy totaled his Road Runner we wedged the 383 into the Dart. My best friend brother had a Dodge Dart GTX with a 383 and I wanted to copy that setup. Shortly after I got it running with the help of a few friends that were into drag racing I lost my drivers license. 

I got to start with the Dart GTS.  Then I laid hands on a 426 wedge..................:whistle:   Gawd that was a beast of a street car.  The chassis setup was almost pure hemi dart.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I got to start with the Dart GTS.  Then I laid hands on a 426 wedge..................:whistle:   Gawd that was a beast of a street car.  The chassis setup was almost pure hemi dart.

I screwed up I mean GTS. What gears did you have in the back with that 426?  I don't remember what I had but I had a lot of fun from stop light to stop light. 

My buddy's that did a lot of drag racing were always saying let's put this in and see what happens. 

Before I got the Satellite I had a beat up '74 340 Duster. But my auto shop teacher (a die hard Mopar guy) had to have it. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Then he helped me do most of the work on the Satellite. The Satellite originally belonged to an elderly friend of the family that got too old to drive it and really wanted me to have it. Eventually sold that one to my auto shop teacher a few years after I graduated too. :)

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I kinda wish I still had my 65 VW bug. It was fun little can and you can't get into a lot of trouble with it.

Not as much fun stop light to stop light but it got me to work. 

I remember reading something about a guy who owned an MG who said the only car he looked forward to meeting at stoplights was a Bug. :D  Aboot 45 HP I think?

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I screwed up I mean GTS. What gears did you have in the back with that 426?  I don't remember what I had but I had a lot of fun from stop light to stop light. 

My buddy's that did a lot of drag racing were always saying let's put this in and see what happens. 

It started life as a 383 GTS and I tried to duplicate as much of the hemi dart as I could without investing in the fiberglass fenders and such.  It was street driven daily so I used 4.10 gears in the larger Dana rear end instead of somthing taller.  The 426 was a maxi wedge out of a 63 or 64 superstock car an I had to install the hemi dart hood scoop to clear the slightly taller block.  I did change the original over the valve cover intake for a more traditional inline twin 4 barrel. There was no rear seat.  The car ended life as a real street driven 12 flat bracket car and I kept it until the Daytona became available.  I gave up my 62 corvette to build this car.  It was a beautiful metalic blue with a weird light blue interior.