The Urgent Fukushima Video Everyone Needs to See

kingtermite

First comment on the video from a Radiation safety tech guy:

"This is total bullshit. All the talking heads are anti-nuclear activists. All the quantities mentioned with numbers multiply a huge number by an unknown unit. "Thousands of times the activity in the Hiroshima bomb," "A quadrillion becquerels." Most people don't even know what those units mean. They say things about fallout in rain that is "not insignificant." This is a whole video of fear-mongering bullshit.

I have followed Fukushima since it happened. I have been unable to find reliable estimates of the amounts and activities of material released. If this video was designed for anything other than fear mongering, there would be actual numbers and units. A quadrillion becquerels, while a significant release, isn't as scary as it sounds.
I didn't say they don't know what they're talking about. They obviously know something. Stating useful and accurate data in accepted units might convince me they aren't lying.
I teach radiation safety to radiation protection technicians and military first responders."

Definitely concerning.  I am not a scientist or understand that stuff too much,  Regardless, I don't think I like the idea of radiation dumping into our ocean or being in the food we eat.  

Our world is growing more toxic every year.  In only one hundred years, we have done a great job of destroying our home.

Definitely concerning.  I am not a scientist or understand that stuff too much,  Regardless, I don't think I like the idea of radiation dumping into our ocean or being in the food we eat.  

Our world is growing more toxic every year.  In only one hundred years, we have done a great job of destroying our home.

OTH, with the population continuing to grow and energy needs increasing every year, nuclear is the only viable long term alternative to petroleum with current technology.  People that think we can meet all of our power needs from solar/wind are stupid or delusional.