The Challenge part II

petitepedal

I didn't hit my goal of 10 pounds but I did drop a few and had to buy new jeans a size smaller. My wife and I missed our goal for running. But we did hit our goal of competing in a Duathlon and will be competing in more to come. 

We will keep up with clean eating and trying new recipes and posting the good ones here. 

• Heart 2

If you are looking for a low carbohydrate recipe. Made this for the first time and I'll give it two thumb up.

It will be put on the list to make again.

Cauliflower Ham Casserole Recipe. 

TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
MAKES: 6 servings

Ingredients

• 4 cups chopped fresh cauliflower
  • 1/4 cup butter, cubed
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups 2% milk
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
  • 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
  • TOPPING:
  • 1 cup soft bread crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted

Nutritional Facts

1 serving (1 each) equals 383 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,007 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.

Directions

1. Place cauliflower in a large saucepan; cover with 1 in. water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until tender.
  2. Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese and sour cream until melted.
  3. Drain cauliflower. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, ham and mushrooms. Add cheese sauce and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
  4. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.  

Nutritional Facts

1 serving (1 each) equals 383 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,007 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.

untitled.png

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

I made a copy  sounds good!!

It's not the lowest carbohydrate recipe we have or the low calorie but it's good. Just that the Cauliflower is lower in carbs than

potatoes.

Alright...the holidays are all but over!!  I have a guest coming today for tea..I am making scones...and I will probably use the last of the whipping cream on a pasta white sauce..and then that is it...the diet soda will be gone...and I  plan to do some diet improvements...I have a ton of veggies (and dip..:whistle: )  quantity comes in to play with some of these items...  I need to balance the good food and planning to waste less..and the time thing since I am hoping to work toward 90 minute workouts...at least a couple days a week.

So..any changes since we did the Christmas Challenge?  plans or thoughts?  Things you want to do better this time?  Or things you want to relax?

• Heart 1

I really like the recipe sharing and idea sharing and support in general.  It is cool to see what works for other people and then see if it works for me, like Trenton's biking posts keep me going, largely because we are similar in climate and riding habits so it is easy to relate.

I did the easy part, the first 8-10 pounds, so now the going gets tougher.  I really should be shooting for 1250 calories per day, and I have been backsliding big time in that department - like going back to cheese instead of veggies for snacking.  I have been doing ok in the biking and I hope to keep that up, getting at least 6 miles every weekend day, ramping up in better weather.  And then there is the dog walking.  The big thing I have found is once you get past the tipping point and get the weight moving down, you want to keep it up and the motivation really spikes. :)  At that point I really do get a bigger reward from getting healthy than from eating, but it is a delicate thing, like a flutterby!

• Heart 1

I joined My Fitness pal. It is really helping me.  It is kind of cumbersome to log everything, when you cook from scratch on the fly.  You have to enter every single ingredient in a recipe and since most of my food doesn't have a UPC, you end up searching for the right ingredient and amount.  It does seem worth it though.  I can see how well or how bad I am eating, my nutrition deficits and indulgences.  It's day 9 since I cut out wheat.  I have lost 5 pounds in 9 days.  That seems like too much weight, so I am going to work on eating more to maintain my tissue.  Maybe, I have been losing fat over the last week or so as well. Don't know  ? 

Yesterday,I no doubt burned a ton of calories staying warm. Temps were in the teens and I felt very cold.

My ratios yesterday:

15% Breakfast

21% Lunch

21% Dinner

43% Snacks

I kinda eat all say long to maintain my energy level. Which is why my snack percentage is so high.  My weight is currently 122.  I bonk pretty quickly, so I have to eat all the time.

41% Carbs

43% Fat

16% Protein (need more of this i think)  I did eat meat yesterday, so maybe more almonds.  My fat tends to go on the high side, but I eat a lot of healthy fat. If you eat a lot of nuts/avocado your fat is a little higher.  Also, I think that their suggestion of staying below 72 g of fat is too low for my activity level.   IMHO, I ate pretty well yesterday.  My only fault was eating a slice of cheese, instead of a piece of lean meat or some cooked beans.  <shrug>

My ratio for breakfast today (I had a mushroom and feta omelette with one slice of bacon and one cup of coffee):

Carbs 37%

Fat 44% (I blame the half and half in my coffee)

Protein 19%

I will eat a bowl of squash soup, some fruit and almonds, before I head out on my ski journey today) 

• Heart 1

I hope I don't bore you guys with the recipes I post here. As my wife and I are trying new clean eating and healthy recipes I plan on sharing them with you. 

About once a week we try to make a new recipe we never had. Some make the cut some don't. 

We approach food and diet with a open mind.

• Heart 2

10 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I hope I don't bore you guys with the recipes I post here. As my wife and I are trying new clean eating and healthy recipes I plan on sharing them with you. 

About once a week we try to make a new recipe we never had. Some make the cut some don't. 

We approach food and diet with a open mind.

I love recipes and new ideas.  Sadly, I just forget this forum is here. 

You won't bore me.

Today's meals:

omelette for breakfast with mushroom and feta

Lunch:  Quinoa salad with sliced almonds, chopped kale, parsley, pomegranate arils, roasted red pepper and lemon/olive oil dressing.

Snacks: One banana, and two almond/oat cookies. One glass of whole milk.

Dinner: Asian lettuce wraps with beef, onion, garlic and water chestnuts, but subbed in a bed of spinach for the lettuce wrap.

Night snack:  Tofu dip with some pecan nut thins.

2082 Calories

44% Carbs

41% Fat

15% Protein

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

Any recipes or options for Quinoa ?  They do a lovely jeweled salad at one of the grocery stores apricot & craisins, pumpkin seeds and I am not sure what else.... I would love to see some suggestions.

Boil 1 cup of white quinoa in 1.75 cups of water.  Make sure you turndown the heat as soon as it boils.  cover it on super low.  The moment you see the tails turn off heat and let it sit.  Cool.  This is easy in the Winter. Just set it outside.

Make a dressing with the zest and juice of one lemon,  Add about 3-4 tbspof olive oil dependin on size of lemon.  add 1 tsp of dijon mustard like grey poupon, 1 heaping tbsp of honey (or more to taste if you wish) and 1/2 tsp of cumin and whisk. Set that aside

Make some roasted red peppers, you can use jarred, if you wish.  A brand like Mezetti's is quite good, IMHO.

chop the equvalent of one cup of kale (do it chiffonade style and then slice again through the middle of the ribbon)

put veg in a large sealable container.

Add 1/2 cup of pomegranate to the bowl.  1/2 cup of sliced almonds, 1/2 cup of chopped parsley leaves, 1/3 cup of sliced scallions (I like to slice on the bias, but that is my presentation of sliced scallions)

When quinoa is cool, toss with the veg and dressing.serve cold.

I cooked off the hip for this one, so adjust veg ratios as needed

This recipe is a nice blend of bitter, crunchy, savory, sweet and a little lemon to brighten it up.

-------

When pom goes out of season, I would replace with currants. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, The Inedible Bulk said:

I love your diet, DH - sounds great!  Never heard of a pecan thin - I'll see what Uncle Google has to say about them.

Thank you Ralphie. They are pecan nut thins from blue Diamond. Try Amazon. I sometimes get dry ingredients from there.  A decent option for the gluten phobes.  I am on day 10 now.

https://jet.com/product/detail/5e64e48751d64c92bdcce520e983fc28?jcmp=pla:ggl:badjd_food_beverages_tobacco_a3:All_Products:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=a54acfad-97c6-4f4f-bae2-4ba98dcca613&gclid=CJShibb7jcoCFUWVfgodF1wBBA

1 hour ago, The Inedible Bulk said:

I love your diet, DH - sounds great!  Never heard of a pecan thin - I'll see what Uncle Google has to say about them.

My diet is a little high in fat, but I think it is ok, because it is a lot of good fats and I burn a ton of energy.  I need high energy food.

4 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Thank you Ralphie. They are pecan nut thins from blue Diamond. Try Amazon. I sometimes get dry ingredients from there.  A decent option for the gluten phobes.  I am on day 10 now.

https://jet.com/product/detail/5e64e48751d64c92bdcce520e983fc28?jcmp=pla:ggl:badjd_food_beverages_tobacco_a3:All_Products:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=a54acfad-97c6-4f4f-bae2-4ba98dcca613&gclid=CJShibb7jcoCFUWVfgodF1wBBA

My diet is a little high in fat, but I think it is ok, because it is a lot of good fats and I burn a ton of energy.  I need high energy food.

I pooh pooh all that low fat stuff.  I aim for low carb.

Oh - the pecan nut thins are crackers.  I was thinking they were like sliced almonds, which I love for their crunch.

Edited by The Inedible Bulk

2 minutes ago, The Inedible Bulk said:

You are so )(*& exotic!  Where the hell do you even buy currants and what the flock do they even look like?  The only source I know of is the Kirby family. :)

Baking aisle. Where you find raisins.

Again, if you can't find it...Amazon grocery. 

2 minutes ago, The Inedible Bulk said:

I pooh pooh all that low fat stuff.  I aim for low carb.

I need high carb.  Bonkamatic if I don't

12 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Baking aisle. Where you find raisins.

Again, if you can't find it...Amazon grocery. 

I need high carb.  Bonkamatic if I don't

I assume they aren't as sickly sweet as craisins?

I seldom ride long or hard enough to bonk.  Depending on where I am in the season, the limiting factor is my ass, feet, or legs. :)

Hmm - Uncle Google says that currants are just raisins from a different grape than raisins, and are not to be confuzled with black FROOT currants, which are a different thing altogether, the Kirby thing probably. :blink: But they are different than raisins mainly because they don't absorb other flavours like raisins do.

Edited by The Inedible Bulk

11 minutes ago, The Inedible Bulk said:

I assume they aren't as sickly sweet as craisins?

I seldom ride long or hard enough to bonk.  Depending on where I am in the season, the limiting factor is my ass, feet, or legs. :)

Hmm - Uncle Google says that currants are just raisins from a different grape than raisins, and are not to be confuzled with black FROOT currants, which are a different thing altogether, the Kirby thing probably. :blink: But they are different than raisins mainly because they don't absorb other flavours like raisins do.

Currants are kinda sweet.  they do absorb the juice from a recipe.  28 g of sugar per serving.  I think they taste pretty sweet to me. Iike that there is no added sugars like a craisin. the sugar is just what nature put in the froot.

I am gonna make some tzatziki dip this morning. Gonna try some dried mint in place of the fresh.  Fresh herbs are getting kind of expensive and they don't last so well. 

lunch is more of my spicy squash soup and some of my quinoa salad again.

Dinner will be my version of pad thai with steamed broccoli and fried tofu cubes. Kind of a bastardization of pad thai, but my husband likes my version.

• Heart 1

Well..I went to the gym after church this morning!!  I mostly just cranked out steps on the treadmill..about 40 minutes..I left my fit bit at home :angry: One channel has lousy sound on the system there..so there was no sound on the food channel..I ended up watching an info mercial for PiYo...meh.  I also did just a few exercises with weights..being slow and cautious with my shoulder.

I stopped to get a Fennel bulb and also remembered to get Chia seeds..  I have Avocado, oranges and a cucumber..So I plan to make that as a salad with the Fennel..(got the recipe via MaryAnn Esposito and Chao Italia)  I will have to google the recipe.  I will probably have some fennel leftover..cos we are talking cooking for 1 here.. So salad probably  Tuesday night with a piece of chicken..will probably do Greek Lima beans with the remaining fennel, tomato & feta...another google it recipe.  I was pleased to think of doing the beans to finish off the fennel ..I also have the soup I made on New Years day...and leftover lasagna in the freezer...I am probably good for 2 weeks except for variety  :whistle:

Tomorrow night is Barley John's...I haven't been in weeks..if I do a burger, I will dump the bun and enjoy the fries...and probably skip the vino.

Almost to the holiday season finish line... we still have quite a few Christmas cookies in the house, and there's an after-Christmas party this Saturday at which it will be hard to behave myself.  Drinks!  Snacks!

But I got on the scale this morning and I was just one pound above my Christmas Eve low of 247.  There were a couple higher readings in between, following a couple big meals I allowed myself, but things seem to have settled.  A couple outdoor bike rides this weekend were a help, I'm sure.

good luck to all 2016 dieters... go get 'em!

• Heart 2

Good job, PP.

Today's meals so far:

Breakfast - 1/2 cup rolled oats cooked in water, then topped with 1 tbsp cacao nibs, a little milk and 1 tsp honey.

Lunch - salad with raw spinach and red leaf lettuce. I put about 1/2 cup of tzatziki sauce over it.  I made the sauce last night.  It came out really good with Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, mint, lemon juice, olive oil and S & P.  I could just eat that.  HAHA   I alse ate a cup of my quinoa recipe on the side and 5 slices of nitrate/nitrite free salami.  

Snack - One banana and a tiny little mini muffin that a hippy made.  It was gluten free and vegan.  It actually tasted ok.  I'm a sucker for frosting on anything.   :whistle:  It was about one bite.  It was so cute.  She made it with a blueberry in the bottom of the cup.  Perfect little treat today.

Dinner Plans - Rice and beans with a 1/2 avocado, salsa and maybe an egg on the side.  I kind of feel that I need more protein than I got today so far.

I will give breakdown and calories after I close out my day's meals.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Good job, PP.

Today's meals so far:

Breakfast - 1/2 cup rolled oats cooked in water, then topped with 1 tbsp cacao nibs, a little milk and 1 tsp honey.

Lunch - salad with raw spinach and red leaf lettuce. I put about 1/2 cup of tzatziki sauce over it.  I made the sauce last night.  It came out really good with Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, mint, lemon juice, olive oil and S & P.  I could just eat that.  HAHA   I alse ate a cup of my quinoa recipe on the side and 5 slices of nitrate/nitrite free salami.  

Snack - One banana and a tiny little mini muffin that a hippy made.  It was gluten free and vegan.  It actually tasted ok.  I'm a sucker for frosting on anything.   :whistle:  It was about one bite.  It was so cute.  She made it with a blueberry in the bottom of the cup.  Perfect little treat today.

Dinner Plans - Rice and beans with a 1/2 avocado, salsa and maybe an egg on the side.  I kind of feel that I need more protein than I got today so far.

I will give breakdown and calories after I close out my day's meals.

DH if you eat lunch at work do people give you funny looks about your diet?

Today for breakfast 1 egg scrambled with ham, green pepper, mushrooms, onion and jalapeño feta cheese. 

Brake time snack a small apple with peanut butter and some dehydrated spinach. 

Lunch was a roast beef sandwich and crackers with tofu and spinach dip.

Tonight's dinner was a cup of split pea soup and a half of grilled cheese sandwich. 

We have a lot of soup to get rid of. 

21 minutes ago, BR46 said:

DH if you eat lunch at work do people give you funny looks about your diet?

Today for breakfast 1 egg scrambled with ham, green pepper, mushrooms, onion and jalapeño feta cheese. 

Brake time snack a small apple with peanut butter and some dehydrated spinach. 

Lunch was a roast beef sandwich and crackers with tofu and spinach dip.

Tonight's dinner was a cup of split pea soup and a half of grilled cheese sandwich. 

We have a lot of soup to get rid of. 

I get all kinds of weird comments.  They sway from one extreme to the other.  The heavy people say I eat like a bird, and the hippies give me rude comments about eating meat.  The gluten phobes look down their nose at my bagel and then have to remind me again to read the studies about leaky gut and the new wheat and it's supposed evils.  It gets exhausting to hear everyone's bullshit. My boss says the rudest things though.  She says I am "rail thin" or says I am "skinny." She says these things right in front of me, like that is even acceptable.  WTF?   I find both of those terms to be very offensive.  People talk about fat shaming.  Athletes are shamed a lot as well.  You can't win.  Everyone has opinions.  Behind my back people have talked about me in a concerned way.  Is she OK?  She looks so skinny? is she sick?  One of my friends overheard some of this gossip and just said "She is down at race weight."  That shut them up, I guess...for a spell.

Some people might see being called skinny as a compliment.  I find it totally insulting, because under my clothes there is a super strong athlete with muscles that can whop some people's ass in a major way.  :D

• Heart 2

I get strange looks and remarks my diet and hobbies. Since I'm a diabetic I watch the carbohydrate intake but 2 or 3 days before a race I start changing things in my diet. I often wonder why people would rather take a pill or a shot instead of getting rid of the food that is making them sick. 

I think that they are just scared or jealous of strong and focused on your goals type of person. 

• Heart 1

ok, Finished up my calorie log for the day:

1636 calories (34 cals over the exact amount for my weight of 123 this morning)

50% Carbs

37% Fat

13% Protein

22 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I get strange looks and remarks my diet and hobbies. Since I'm a diabetic I watch the carbohydrate intake but 2 or 3 days before a race I start changing things in my diet. I often wonder why people would rather take a pill or a shot instead of getting rid of the food that is making them sick. 

I think that they are just scared or jealous of strong and focused on your goals type of person. 

Thanks.  I am ramping back up for an event this month.  I am doing this gravel grinder over the hill.  The biggest hurdle is that I have to go back over the pass where the accident happened. It is a month away, so I have some time to prepare myself mentally for it.  Counseling is helping.  I am doing EMDR therapy right now.

• Heart 1

New day.  Weight is stable.  Which is a good thing.  Not trying to lose, just maintain and eat well for strength and health. I think I am losing inches, but gaining my muscle back. 

Breakfast - Omelette day.  :D  One egg, feta, mushrooms and one slice of bacon. One glass of whole milk. Tea with honey- 401 cals

31% carbs

47% fat

22% Protein

I got my protein up for breakfast.  Now my fat is too high. whole milk and bacon, yup!  HAHA

Lunch will be a salad with tzatziki as a dressing. 3 radishes and 4 of the most delicious green olives. 

Snacks - I have a bowl of pom arils, some almonds and an apple. 

Dinner - a very modest sized steak, a steamed potato, and a bowl of peas.

Tracking can be fun I guess.  It isn't so bad with fitness pal app.  I love the scanner thing.  I scanned most of my food this morning. even my lunch spinach has a bar code.  I buy a giant box of organic spinach leaves.

Last night was Barley John's...I had not been in 2 months..I had a burger and fries...but I did not have a bun  :whistle: Oh and it was good...I don't do much in the way of beef and fries are a treat too..

Anyway...waiting for a seasoned chicken breast to cook and gonna have the Fennel, Avocado, Cucumber, Orange salad....I will call it dinner...

I did 39 minutes on the treadmill..at about 3.5 mph and a few weights with my arms..Knew I wanted to make my chicken and salad so I didn't want to get home after 6:30...the chicken takes about 40 minutes. 

Boy was the gym crowded...I went in and wow..very few open machines...One lady in the dressing room said by the 26th....things will open up a bit more :wacko:  Oh well...I am glad I am back to working out.

• Heart 1

My meals were right on target today.  

42% Carbs

39% Fat

19% Protein

My steak came in at exactly 4 servings. About 4 oz per person.  The weight on it was .60 pounds with a little trim of fat on the side.  Feeling quite full and accomplished with my food goals today.  I didn't eat the donut, got in my exercise goal and had 17 calories to spare on my food log.  Happy with that.

• Heart 1

I must have worked my shoulder a bit too much last night..with the lifting..nothing serious but just a bit more sore than the workout on Sunday..so I opted to come home..I will use it as a recovery night :whistle: Oh and I took my Santa's down.  So  I made the white sauce and roasted butternut squash and put it on some pasta..I used less pasta and added some broccoli to the mix....I wanted to use up the whipping cream..So a few more fat calories than I should have...but I am done for the night..except for water.

I am still trying to work thru some of the "extra" food that I had in the house...not too much left so that will help..tomorrows lunch is looking like a salad.

Just got home from Yoga. 

Tonight's dinner will be Cheese steak stuffed peppers. 

Lunch was a salad and some crackers with tofu and spinach dip. 

Breakfast was a 1 egg omelet with mushroom and feta cheese. 

Well...reading Parr8's tread encouraged me...we should get him to check in here once a week!!! 

I had a salad for lunch and plan to hit the gym after work.  My Christmas tree comes down this weekend..so possibly we will start yoga up again next week.  I saw a different roasted Brussels sprout recipe on facebook...they are boiled for 2 minutes before draining and adding garlic and cayenne and EVOO..then roasting...sounds yummy...they may be on the agenda on Sunday...

Eating less is my biggest goal...

Keep up the good work folks!!

35 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I saw a different roasted Brussels sprout recipe on facebook...they are boiled for 2 minutes before draining and adding garlic and cayenne and EVOO..then roasting...sounds yummy...

Yes, I seem to get better results with roasted Brussels sprouts if I blanch them first.  They take forever otherwise.

I think on Facebook today I saw a recipe for Brussels sprout chips - sliced thinly and oven baked, I guess along the lines of kale chips.

Edited by TrentonMakes

Ralph  ....haha  You are funny

OK, my day:

Breakfast: oatmeal, tsp of honey, some whole milk, & cacao nibs

Lunch: red leaf lettuce, spinach, radishes, green olives

Snacks: celery and spicy peanut butter sauce (leftovers from thai night)

bowl of pomegranate arils

almonds

cheese and gluten free seed crackers

Dinner:  grilled chicken breast, sweet potato rounds cooked in some coconut oil (tasted like candy), and a bowl of green peas

Dessert: One almond/oat cookie

Exercise was minimal today. I walked about 3.61 miles worth of steps, and rode my bike home (got a lift with my bike to work...was running late and my leg was killin this morning)

Calories:  1738

41% Carbs

40% Fat

19% Protein

This morning's breakfast would have been better in a smoothie..raspberry & mango with two good sized tablespoons of yogurt, coconut milk, chia and oatmeal....Kinda at a loss for todays breakfast...so I think I will opt for veggies & dip and hummus...

Making the baked greek Lima beans this weekend..I also should cook some salmon.

I have not been an active member of this challenge but I check in to lurk from time to time.

Back in October I was 192lbs, not real active but containing my caloric intake.  Over the last few months I have not really upped the activity level (that needs to change soon).  I have been doing my version of this for about the last 18 months - http://thefastdiet.co.uk/.  I eat what I want but have extended periods during each week where I eat nothing.  It has been great for my BP and it has trained my stomach that it is not in control.  I also don't eat because the clock reaches a certain time.  Over the last few months i have tried to up that a bit.  I was a bit concerned that I didn't behave as well as I would have like over the holidays (The official eating season).  I also don't spend much time on the scales (I don't want to end up structuring my live around a dial on a scale).  The last time I was on the scales (before this morning) was between Thanksgiving and Christmas and I was down about 5 pounds.  I stepped on the scales this morning not knowing what to expect.  I was down to 182 pounds.  Moving in the right direction.  A good goal for me before the cycling weather hit was 180.  

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Good work Kzoo... keep it up.  Without going to the link...is that the diet where you eat normal for 4 or 5 days and very lite for 2 or 3?  I watched a program about that on PBS last year or the year before!!   Yup...went to the link...same guy from the TV program too.

What I do is skip breakfast and lunch about 3 days a week.  Sometimes two days in a row.  The trick is to eat regular portions otherwise.  One side effect is that my "stomach has shrunk."  By that I mean I don't need to eat as much to be full.  I can also enjoy fun foods without thinking about it.  I also don't get hungry often.  I'm currently doing a fast (for other than diet reasons. - like Zack is doing). It's a solid food fast.  I haven't eaten anything for the last 48 hours and am not hungry.  I'll break this fast tomorrow evening after 76 hours.  The basis for the diet portion is that our forefathers did not sit down to 3 meals a day.  Three meals a day is a relatively new first world concept.  They eat when they were able to find food or kill it.  The Donners didn't get 3 meals a day - bad example :):)

Okay...things continue to clear out of my fridge and cupboards.  Portion control is kicking in...and my last alcohol was on Monday at Barley John's...I have made it thru the weekend (no Sunday sales here and what I have on hand will not tempt me at all)  I even managed almost 8,000 steps yesterday...which is excellent for a weekend day when I have not been to the gym...probably would have been 10,000 if I had put the fit bit on when I started un-decorating the tree.

Greek Lima Beans baking this afternoon and cooking up the leftover turkey as a chop suey....I still have leftover lasagna and soup in the freezer.

Probably going to church and then the gym before returning home to cook today!!  Happy Sunday people.  Keep up the good work.

• Heart 2