Wow - not very many early risers in this forum, huh?

Ralphie

Good morning. I've been up for a while, trying to keep quiet so my wife could sleep in. Ten minutes ago the doggies woke up and wanted to go out. Picture one of those cartoon fight tornadoes with fists and paws flying. It just went past me bouncing off the walls, with my wife steering it out the back door. I guess I don't need to be quiet anymore. :whistle: 

during the week, I'm up at 4-4:30am every day.  At work by either 6 or 6:30am, depending on my mood. :)

Weekends, I sleep in till around 5 or 5:30am. :D

Me too!  Except the reason I am up so effing early is I have a 1.5 hour commute, so I am in to work at 7 AM.

Welcome, Wolfie!  So you are my role model for my daughter who will be gradjyating this June with a degree in Environmental/Civil Engineering.  So where should she work?  NJDOT?  She really wants to be an Environmental Engineer, whatever that is, but her program was almost completely civil, so for better or worse she is basically civil.  Unlike her dad. :D

That's right up my alley.  Actually, I don't have an alley, but if I did, baby boomer stuff would be right up there.   :)

Yay!  So let's start with the basics - here is the Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boomers

Interesting that the chart in the book doesn't show that the birth rate was so high in the early 1900s!  I was born right near the peak of the boom, 1956, when in the US there was a birth aboot every 8 seconds!

BTW, the book is the "companion" to the PBS series, which I never saw.  Did you?

Oh, and also, a guy I work closely with also had a Roadrunner in the 60s or 70s. :)

Yay!  So let's start with the basics - here is the Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boomers

Interesting that the chart in the book doesn't show that the birth rate was so high in the early 1900s!  I was born right near the peak of the boom, 1956, when in the US there was a birth aboot every 8 seconds!

BTW, the book is the "companion" to the PBS series, which I never saw.  Did you?

Oh, and also, a guy I work closely with also had a Roadrunner in the 60s or 70s. :)

No, I never saw the series.   :(

I was born at the very peak of the birthrate, 1948.

I found this very interesting:

Baby boomers control over 80% of personal financial assets and more than half of all consumer spending. They buy 77% of all prescription drugs, 61% of over-the-counter drugs, and 80% of all leisure travel.

A survey found that nearly a third of baby boomers polled in the United States would prefer to pass on their inheritance to charities rather than pass it down to their children.

In the west, baby boomers comprised the first generation to grow up with the television; popular Boomer-era shows included The Brady BunchGilligan's IslandThe Twilight ZoneThe Ed Sullivan Show, and Happy Days.

In my case, it was more like Captain Kangaroo, Superman and Hopalong Cassidy (in the afternoons), Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best, I Love Lucy, early TV westerns (too many to name) and Andy Griffith.   :) 

In my case, it was more like Captain Kangaroo, Superman and Hopalong Cassidy (in the afternoons), Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best, I Love Lucy, early TV westerns (too many to name) and Andy Griffith.   :) 

I watched the newer of those.  In the early afternoon we watched syndicated really old stuff, like the Three Stooges and Who's the Funnyman?

Happy Days seemed much later, but I guess those at the tail end of the boom in the early 60s could have grown up with that.

I'm here...but thinking of going to Office Depot to look at laptops...got about $85 in coupons/discounts to put toward a purchase.  Might just get a notebook and eventually replace my "box" on this desk top thing :dontknow:

That is the way to do it - phase that puppy right out. :)  Good luck on your laptop hunting.  Hopefully it goes a little more quickly than... :whistle:

My wife and I looked and looked, and when we saw a marked down floor model at BJs, the time was then.