What's WRONG with me?

kingtermite

I am drinking Safeway brand Kona blend that was brewed at 5:45 this am.  It is 10:09 now, but my insulated mug is really good and the coffee is still hot.

Grocery store coffee is well.....grocery store coffee. Most Kona blends are literally about 5% or less actual Kona beans. :( Which is a shame... Have you ever had full Kona coffee? It's still the best I've ever tasted (though I have yet to get my hands on some Kopi Luwak).

Grocery store coffee is well.....grocery store coffee. Most Kona blends are literally about 5% or less actual Kona beans. :( Which is a shame... Have you ever had full Kona coffee? It's still the best I've ever tasted (though I have yet to get my hands on some Kopi Luwak).

Yep, spent a week in Kona and got hooked on the stuff.  I just cannot bring myself to pay the going rate for real Kona.  I do have some Hawaiian coffee a neighbor brought me recently.  I am saving it for Christmas morning.

• Heart 1

Yep, spent a week in Kona and got hooked on the stuff.  I just cannot bring myself to pay the going rate for real Kona.  I do have some Hawaiian coffee a neighbor brought me recently.  I am saving it for Christmas morning.

I hear ya. I'd drink a LOT more Kona if I could afford it.

What's WRONG with me?

I would offer to tell you, but I really don't have that kind of time.

Way too much to list on this page! 

I think there is a second page if it gets too big. I mean...if that helps. :D

The easiest thing to do here is to list what is right with KT.  I will go first........

Well, there is , ....

What about..... 

errr,.  He has....

I got nothin'.

• Heart 1

Do you drink it at home?  I bring a big steel thermos and enjoy it here.  It's a lovely treat in the Winter.  It makes my bike heavy, but the weight is over the rear tire, which helps in that snowy crap.

My commute today was 10-11 F.  No fun.  Bring on the coffee!

No, I bring it to work with me before I drink it. I typically bring it commuting on bike as well (not right now, because I'm still off bike until doc gives the OK...early Jan I hope). I keep my thermos in my backpack though....backpack gets pretty heavy sometimes, but my trunk bag isn't long enough (and I don't have saddle bags).

Would you consider some jsharr luwak?

No, I bring it to work with me before I drink it. I typically bring it commuting on bike as well (not right now, because I'm still off bike until doc gives the OK...early Jan I hope). I keep my thermos in my backpack though....backpack gets pretty heavy sometimes, but my trunk bag isn't long enough (and I don't have saddle bags).

I run the large Arkel pannier bag.  I usually just run one, unless I have extra things I need, or I am grocery shopping.

I run the large Arkel pannier bag.  I usually just run one, unless I have extra things I need, or I am grocery shopping.

I don't use it for shopping or things like that much, so I never went to that extent. I always thought that if I ever did, I'd probably get some Ortlieb panniers.

I don't use it for shopping or things like that much, so I never went to that extent. I always thought that if I ever did, I'd probably get some Ortlieb panniers.

I've never used that brand.  I'll tell ya...I have ran these Arkels for 8+ years and beat the crap out of them.  They are just now showing the wear on the zippers.  My bag is so worn, I bet Arkel loves to see them get this kind of use.

I pay the same or less than grocery store prices by buying it green (raw) and roasting it myself. I get top quality coffee for $5-6 per pound.

Interesting.  Does that take roasting costs into consideration?  Is that just raw bean cost?

I don't think I drink enough to warrant buying raw and roasting.

I've never used that brand.  I'll tell ya...I have ran these Arkels for 8+ years and beat the crap out of them.  They are just now showing the wear on the zippers.  My bag is so worn, I bet Arkel loves to see them get this kind of use.

I've never used either, but I'd always heard Ortlieb was the top of the line, especially for waterproofness. I don't have any personal experience with either, though.

Interesting.  Does that take roasting costs into consideration?  Is that just raw bean cost?

I don't think I drink enough to warrant buying raw and roasting.

Technically, no. But a roaster is a one time cost then you have it to use (like any appliance). I bought a Behmor-1600 a few years ago for $300.

I've never used either, but I'd always heard Ortlieb was the top of the line, especially for waterproofness. I don't have any personal experience with either, though.

I have to cover mine with a bag in heavy rain, so they are not waterproof much at all.  Luckily, my commute is quite short.

I have to cover mine with a bag in heavy rain, so they are not waterproof much at all.  Luckily, my commute is quite short.

That's like my backpack...which is just a simple Targus backpack I got from my last employer because our work issues computers were laptops. It's not waterproof at all, so if it rains very heavily, it definitely requires a cover.

Ortlieb bags are not only sturdy as hell, but they are designed to be fully waterproof as well. They are a bit pricey, though.

I would have to say your top three are:

Verbophobia

Medorthophobia

Arachibutyrophobia

I do not have Medorthophobia or Arachibutyrophobia. I relish erections...especially when I have peanutbutter on the roof of my mouth.