Are you mad at anyone on the forum?

Randomguy

Just now, Tim Burr said:

Cheese for abandoning us to our own drivel.  :angry:

Yes, these unexplained absences are disturbing.

I am suspicious of SW from the catholic-style moralistic crusade some time ago, plus the jarring changes to software.  I might be a little mad about that from a long time ago, although it doesn't make much sense now.  I know he is a good guy, but I feel like he owes me a beer and maybe a roll with his wife because of it.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am suspicious of SW from the catholic-style moralistic crusade some time ago, plus the jarring changes to software.  I might be a little mad about that from a long time ago, although it doesn't make much sense now.  I know he is a good guy, but I feel like he owes me a beer and maybe a roll with his wife because of it.

My crusade was short lived, software changes will continue to come, I am a decent guy, I don't drink beer, my wife does not eat bread.

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, smudge said:

I am mad at SW for not drinking beer and his wife for not eating bread.

That's rather small minded of you.  I have celiac and have never liked beer anyhow.  Would you drink gluten-free beer?  My wife is trying hard to lose weight and she decided to give up most bread. 

I sent you a PM with a video you need to watch.  :whistle:

15 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

That's rather small minded of you.  I have celiac and have never liked beer anyhow.  Would you drink gluten-free beer?  My wife is trying hard to lose weight and she decided to give up most bread. 

I sent you a PM with a video you need to watch.  :whistle:

ACTUALLY.... I don't have my info in front of me, but there IS a way for you to have good tasting beer. Got the info from a fellow brewer who is a medical doctor. 

I ain't watchin' no more of your videos!!  :P

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Yes, these unexplained absences are disturbing.

...I guess it will take some time for the New York City to clear from your system. :)

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

My crusade was short lived, software changes will continue to come, I am a decent guy, I don't drink beer, my wife does not eat bread.

There are other kinds of roll that don't have bread. Egg and Tootsie come to mind. Shirley your wife is adventurous enough for them.

• Heart 1

18 hours ago, Airehead said:

Are you thinking about a puppy?

Nope. One at a time, from now on. Besides, Gus is an old man. He doesn't have the stamina keep up with a younger dog anymore. He's good for about a 2 mile run, that's it. He's also lost and needier than ever. I don't think sharing us would make him happy, at all. 

4 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Not much. Lost one dog, the other isn't himself anymore, my ex-mil died and my nephew-in-law OD'ed.

But on the plus side, I got to watch my almost-neighbor get arrested Monday night.

Sorry about the dogs and the other stuff, that really sucks.  :(  

Tell us about the arrest!

5 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Tell us about the arrest!

Well, it's like this.....

You remember the background story about the lot across the street? Well, we've got some catching up to do...

The guy who is allegedly buying the property -previously, I referred to him by the nickname "woodchuck", from here on in I will refer to him by his given name: "Shit Stain"- has managed to severely piss off every one around. Particularly the neighbors to the south. 

In addition to thinking he's going to move his "residence" (camper) there, he has a POS truck with a really annoying exhaust. Every single time he leaves the lot, he revs the shit out of it, then does a big hole shot, all the way up the road.

Every. Single. Time.

You can hear him for probably a 1/4 mile. Plus, every time he has a tantrum, he does the same. He put up a POS canopy and the first wind storm took it down. When he came and found it - and naturally assumed we did it - he did a big burnout in the road. (Scared the hell out of the SO who just happened to be coming home at the time.)

A couple of months ago, he and his son were using the truck "mud bogging" on the lot, He’d rev the shit out of it, get going into a muddy patch and then just FLOOR it. The truck would get all sideways, sliding all over the place. This was about 20’ from the house next door… Neighbors called the cops, who said there really wasn’t much they could do, since the town doesn’t have a noise ordinance. A day or so later, the guy who actually owns the lot came down, walked around shaking his head at the carnage and left.I talked to the neighbor the next day (who said he was about ready to go out and take a ball bat to the guy) and he said the property owner was getting pretty sick of the guy - especially since SS was supposed to be paying him $750 a month and had only actually given him about $275 over about six months…

Well, the other night, he pulled in to the snow covered lot, through the snowbank and proceeds to drive all over, sliding the truck all over the place and making a helluva racket. I ignored him until it sounded like he was stuck and then I said “Ooh, this might be good….” and started watching him. Sure enough, he was stuck, sliding all over the place, the truck is just SCREAMING. At one point, we saw sparks come out from underneath. He managed to get going backwards toward the road and I thought for sure, he was going in the ditch, but he backed into his brick pillar driveway marker, knocking it all to shit. Then, when it looked like he was going to get out, he backed in…..and sat there…..

A few minutes later, a State Police car shows up. Then another. the a third. He comes out and starts talking to her (“Ms.Trooper”) but as they’re across the street, I can’t really hear anything. Then they walked over to where the police car was parked, right in front of my house, so I opened the window. 

It’s hard to make out what’s going on, but I can hear him say “Well, I know I won’t pass the test….” and she starts doing a field sobriety test. (Me: "Oh great, the stupid bastard’s hammered….") They go back and forth and it sounds like he’s claiming he was there for four hours and he’s telling her that he wasn’t on the road, just driving around the lot. (Me: “You lying sack of shit!”). Worse still, it sounds like Ms. Trooper is buying it…. He struggles mightily with the “walk heel-to-toe” part of the test. He starts telling her that it’s just a “lot truck” and it never goes on the road, they just use it for pulling logs.  (Me: “You lying sack of shit!”). Then he tells them it’s his property  (Me: “You lying sack of shit!”). He asks if he’s going to jail and she just says all friendly-like “Well if you weren’t driving on the road, no…” (Me: “Jesus Christ, this POS is going to walk away!”) I’m about ready to go out and set her straight.

Then Ms. Trooper starts asking how to get hold of Baby Mama. They go back and forth about his phone and her number and how his phone is text only….and the other trooper brings him his smokes from the truck. (Me:”They’re kissing this guy’s ass! They’re falling for his bullshit!”)

Then…Ms. Trooper says something about Baby Mama picking up the kids. (Me: "Oh my god! He’s got the kids in the truck!")

Finally, Baby Mama (and her mother, I think) show up. Ms. Trooper asks her “Is that a lot truck that never leaves the property?” BM: “No”. Ms.Trooper asks her what time the kids got off the bus from school and if they got off the bus at “the house” or there and BM said “At the house”. This shoots holes in his story about not having driven there....

The kids are brought across the street, they get into the Jeep and drive off.

As soon as they’re on their way, Ms Trooper turns to him and says “You’re under arrest for DWI and Endangering the Welfare of a Child”. (Me; “YES!” <fist pump>)

Into the car he goes and off they go. My faith was restored. She knew he was FOS and  was only buying time to get the kids out of there.

I think the price of the property just went down again......

• Heart 4

1 hour ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Well, it's like this.....

You remember the background story about the lot across the street? Well, we've got some catching up to do...

The guy who is allegedly buying the property -previously, I referred to him by the nickname "woodchuck", from here on in I will refer to him by his given name: "Shit Stain"- has managed to severely piss off every one around. Particularly the neighbors to the south. 

In addition to thinking he's going to move his "residence" (camper) there, he has a POS truck with a really annoying exhaust. Every single time he leaves the lot, he revs the shit out of it, then does a big hole shot, all the way up the road.

Every. Single. Time.

You can hear him for probably a 1/4 mile. Plus, every time he has a tantrum, he does the same. He put up a POS canopy and the first wind storm took it down. When he came and found it - and naturally assumed we did it - he did a big burnout in the road. (Scared the hell out of the SO who just happened to be coming home at the time.)

A couple of months ago, he and his son were using the truck "mud bogging" on the lot, He’d rev the shit out of it, get going into a muddy patch and then just FLOOR it. The truck would get all sideways, sliding all over the place. This was about 20’ from the house next door… Neighbors called the cops, who said there really wasn’t much they could do, since the town doesn’t have a noise ordinance. A day or so later, the guy who actually owns the lot came down, walked around shaking his head at the carnage and left.I talked to the neighbor the next day (who said he was about ready to go out and take a ball bat to the guy) and he said the property owner was getting pretty sick of the guy - especially since SS was supposed to be paying him $750 a month and had only actually given him about $275 over about six months…

Well, the other night, he pulled in to the snow covered lot, through the snowbank and proceeds to drive all over, sliding the truck all over the place and making a helluva racket. I ignored him until it sounded like he was stuck and then I said “Ooh, this might be good….” and started watching him. Sure enough, he was stuck, sliding all over the place, the truck is just SCREAMING. At one point, we saw sparks come out from underneath. He managed to get going backwards toward the road and I thought for sure, he was going in the ditch, but he backed into his brick pillar driveway marker, knocking it all to shit. Then, when it looked like he was going to get out, he backed in…..and sat there…..

A few minutes later, a State Police car shows up. Then another. the a third. He comes out and starts talking to her (“Ms.Trooper”) but as they’re across the street, I can’t really hear anything. Then they walked over to where the police car was parked, right in front of my house, so I opened the window. 

It’s hard to make out what’s going on, but I can hear him say “Well, I know I won’t pass the test….” and she starts doing a field sobriety test. (Me: "Oh great, the stupid bastard’s hammered….") They go back and forth and it sounds like he’s claiming he was there for four hours and he’s telling her that he wasn’t on the road, just driving around the lot. (Me: “You lying sack of shit!”). Worse still, it sounds like Ms. Trooper is buying it…. He struggles mightily with the “walk heel-to-toe” part of the test. He starts telling her that it’s just a “lot truck” and it never goes on the road, they just use it for pulling logs.  (Me: “You lying sack of shit!”). Then he tells them it’s his property  (Me: “You lying sack of shit!”). He asks if he’s going to jail and she just says all friendly-like “Well if you weren’t driving on the road, no…” (Me: “Jesus Christ, this POS is going to walk away!”) I’m about ready to go out and set her straight.

Then Ms. Trooper starts asking how to get hold of Baby Mama. They go back and forth about his phone and her number and how his phone is text only….and the other trooper brings him his smokes from the truck. (Me:”They’re kissing this guy’s ass! They’re falling for his bullshit!”)

Then…Ms. Trooper says something about Baby Mama picking up the kids. (Me: "Oh my god! He’s got the kids in the truck!")

Finally, Baby Mama (and her mother, I think) show up. Ms. Trooper asks her “Is that a lot truck that never leaves the property?” BM: “No”. Ms.Trooper asks her what time the kids got off the bus from school and if they got off the bus at “the house” or there and BM said “At the house”. This shoots holes in his story about not having driven there....

The kids are brought across the street, they get into the Jeep and drive off.

As soon as they’re on their way, Ms Trooper turns to him and says “You’re under arrest for DWI and Endangering the Welfare of a Child”. (Me; “YES!” <fist pump>)

Into the car he goes and off they go. My faith was restored. She knew he was FOS and  was only buying time to get the kids out of there.

I think the price of the property just went down again......

Can you buy the property now?  

I hope you went over and deflated at least one of the tires on the truck, although I wouldn't blame you if you deflated all four.