Are you mad at anyone on the forum?

Randomguy

Sorry to hear about your relatives... :(

It is good to see you poke your nose in here once in a while. :nod head: Excellent tale of the would-be neighbor! 

I think now would be a very good time for you and the neighbors to approach the property owner with a low ball offer on the property.  With SS off in the pokey he knows he's not going to get any rent in the near future.

11 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Can you buy the property now?  

I hope you went over and deflated at least one of the tires on the truck, although I wouldn't blame you if you deflated all four.  

I could buy it at any time. I've been playing the long game, waiting for the price to come down. The owner had grossly overinflated ideas of what it was worth. He was asking $30K for 3+ acres. After going through several realtors and any number of potential buyers - who all ran in the other direction when they realized they'd need a $30K raised bed septic- he finally offered it to SS for $15K in desperation. At one point, it was up for taxes and I was hoping to pick it up then.

If I can grab it for $3K-$5K, I'll take it.

Deflate tires? You're a small-time thinker. I've been trying to figure out a way to take the motor out, permanent-like. A good dose of Dawn dish liquid in the crankcase would do it, but that would require popping the hood. I was trying to figure out what kind of fuel additive would do it. Now I have more time and easier access.... (Truth be told, I'm shocked and impressed that it has taken the abuse it has and held up. Both the neighbor and I thought for sure he'd have grenaded the motor by now).

Edit: God I love the NYSP:

Tuesday, Jan. 25: Christopher L. Sarcione, 34, of Lenox, was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child in the vehicle, driving while intoxicated - previous conviction within ten years, drinking alcohol in a motor vehicle on the highway, endangering the welfare of a child, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended registration, operating a motor vehicle without insurance, a back seat child restraint violation, and aggravated unlicensed operation.

• Heart 1

• 3 years later...
On 1/28/2016 at 5:58 AM, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

I could buy it at any time. I've been playing the long game, waiting for the price to come down. The owner had grossly overinflated ideas of what it was worth. He was asking $30K for 3+ acres. After going through several realtors and any number of potential buyers - who all ran in the other direction when they realized they'd need a $30K raised bed septic- he finally offered it to SS for $15K in desperation. At one point, it was up for taxes and I was hoping to pick it up then.

If I can grab it for $3K-$5K, I'll take it.

Deflate tires? You're a small-time thinker. I've been trying to figure out a way to take the motor out, permanent-like. A good dose of Dawn dish liquid in the crankcase would do it, but that would require popping the hood. I was trying to figure out what kind of fuel additive would do it. Now I have more time and easier access.... (Truth be told, I'm shocked and impressed that it has taken the abuse it has and held up. Both the neighbor and I thought for sure he'd have grenaded the motor by now).

Edit: God I love the NYSP:

Tuesday, Jan. 25: Christopher L. Sarcione, 34, of Lenox, was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child in the vehicle, driving while intoxicated - previous conviction within ten years, drinking alcohol in a motor vehicle on the highway, endangering the welfare of a child, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended registration, operating a motor vehicle without insurance, a back seat child restraint violation, and aggravated unlicensed operation.

I wish we had an update.