Wannabe survivalists are stupid!

KrAzY

just watched a vid someone sent me a link too. This guy has way too much crap shoved in a day pack saying he can live up to two weeks on 4 snicker bars, two beef jerky bars, a jar of peanut butter, and 4 can of chicken noodle soup.

in his pack he does not have a spoon, bottle for water, or even a pot for cooking. But he is got a .40 cal gun and loads of amo.. LOL

I bet you he would be dead in two days tops! 

I just think it is funny about whats all in his pack.. The friend that sent the vid to me, was with me on a 7 day survival challenge our search and rescue team did..

First they drove us to the middle of nowhere and dropped us off with our day pack we carried and told us to find our way back to location 12.  Good thing he and I were knowledgable oh what needed done, and what really needed packed. 

To this day  I still keep that small bag still packed and keep it in my car snugged away by the spare tire.. It only has 1/3 of what that dud is carrying.  

I just think it is funny about whats all in his pack.. The friend that sent the vid to me, was with me on a 7 day survival challenge our search and rescue team did..

First they drove us to the middle of nowhere and dropped us off with our day pack we carried and told us to find our way back to location 12.  Good thing he and I were knowledgable oh what needed done, and what really needed packed. 

To this day  I still keep that small bag still packed and keep it in my car snugged away by the spare tire.. It only has 1/3 of what that dud is carrying.  

Food, water, shelter....and maybe a small book.  Everythng else is silly, or krazy. 

But he is got a .40 cal gun and loads of amo.

Wouldn't a smaller caliber like a .22 be preferable?  With a .22 you can shoot a squirrel and end up with a nice meal.  With a .40 cal he might be able to take down a deer and fend off a black bear but are those likely scenarios?  There won't be any meat left if you shoot a squirrel with a .40.

I know I would be dead quick.  I grew up in a hunting family, and I can gut and do all the cooking stuff.

However, I can't build a fire without a flint, I doubt I could actually snare/catch/spear an animal.  My hope for survival would be to bed someone that actually could sustain us.  

I could probably find grubs in rotted wood and eat them.  Yeah...so dead in a few weeks.

• Heart 1

I know I would be dead quick.  I grew up in a hunting family, and I can gut and do all the cooking stuff.

However, I can't build a fire without a flint, I doubt I could actually snare/catch/spear an animal.  My hope for survival would be to bed someone that actually could sustain us.  

I could probably find grubs in rotted wood and eat them.  Yeah...so dead in a few weeks.

I'd die a slow painful death.....insulin doesn't keep well without refrigeration. 

Wouldn't a smaller caliber like a .22 be preferable?  With a .22 you can shoot a squirrel and end up with a nice meal.  With a .40 cal he might be able to take down a deer and fend off a black bear but are those likely scenarios?  There won't be any meat left if you shoot a squirrel with a .40.

Which is why bow and arrow skills are essential as you can run out of ammo.

Which is why bow and arrow skills are essential as you can run out of ammo.

Agreed!

Which is why I mentioned killing in the form of snares, traps, spear (arrows).  You'd have to learn the craft of flame hardening for wood shafts.  HAHA!  SHAFTS!

A gun is only good, if you have ammo.

Agreed!

Which is why I mentioned killing in the form of snares, traps, spear (arrows).  You'd have to learn the craft of flame hardening for wood shafts.  HAHA!  SHAFTS!

A gun is only good, if you have ammo.

Not completely true, it's a steel rod that you can beat something with if you don't have amo, so not completely worthless, just mostly.