Were you planned, or an accident?

shotgun

From what I know about human nature, most first children are gonna be accidents.  Parents then rationalize and go 'all in' after that, so most second children are of the anticipated variety.  Anyones guess after that.

Why isn't there another thread axing if your shorties were planned or otherwise?

I think my dad wanted me, my mom was pretty tired of having kids as I was 9 of 9.  She made my dad get snipped after me...  I tell my daughter she was a surprise. Not that she wasn't wanted, we just weren't planning on having kids yet.  We waited 4.5 years before our second one, we were in a better situation for #2 at that point. 

7 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Maybe she meant that you were so perfect that there would have been no way to do any better with a second child, so they would have quit while they were ahead.  :)

Next you'll be telling me politicians have out best interests at heart, too...

7 hours ago, Randomguy said:

From what I know about human nature, most first children are gonna be accidents.  Parents then rationalize and go 'all in' after that, so most second children are of the anticipated variety.  Anyones guess after that.

Why isn't there another thread axing if your shorties were planned or otherwise?

I'm a middle child, so planned.  I think my older brother was probably planned as well as my father was getting on in years, but still managed to father another brother 9 years after the first.  My dad was about 55 when my younger brother was born.

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

It sucks to be unwanted.  I need to let this go.

We want you , Square Wheels!  :console:

I never asked and I doubt they ever said, I only know they treated me well once I was here.

• Heart 2

15 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

I'm a middle child, so planned.  I think my older brother was probably planned as well as my father was getting on in years, but still managed to father another brother 9 years after the first.  My dad was about 55 when my younger brother was born.

Same, 3 kids in 2 years 8 months.  I was the middle.  Clearly Mom and Dad were on a mission. :)  

• Heart 1

I was planned. My parents wanted a boy, but got 3 girls in a row, then my mom had an ectopic pregnancy and had to have one ovary and tube removed. The doctor joked that he took the girl's side out so they would only have boys now. When I was born and the doctor told my mom she had a boy she started laughing. The one of the nurses thought she was losing it. She was about to do something to try to snap my mom out of it, but the doc stopped her and told her it was an inside joke. Same sthing happened when my little brother was born...