So we have a great cast for Green Acres here

Ralphie

Of course the linchpin is having Wilbur for Arnol. :)  What reminded me was a post by Sam Drucker, i.e. Roadrunner. :D  I of course am Mr. Kimball (although Zackney has a similar job), and we have a starring role open, that of Oliver - maybe Buff Jim or SW?  I think sheepherder would make a good Mr. Ziffel, and Kzoo is a natural for Mr. Haney. :D  bikeman is young compared to teh bulk of us so he is Eb. :)  The wimmin will have to fight it out between Lisa and the village ladies.

So whaddya think?  

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, The Inedible Bulk said:

See that - I totally forgot aboot Cheese with his minimal presence here.  I think he might be our Oliver. :)

I don't think he is Oliver.  Oliver is the the one sane person in the entire ensemble, except for Mr Drucker maybe.  Cheese is definitely one of the insane types driving Oliver to distraction.

Maybe Cheese is Eb.

• Heart 1

Just now, Roadrunner said:

I don't think he is Oliver.  Oliver is the the one sane person in the entire ensemble, except for Mr Drucker maybe.  Cheese is definitely one of the insane types driving Oliver to distraction.

Maybe Cheese is Eb.

Well there's your problem. We don't have any sane people here to cast as Oliver!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 years later...
On 1/30/2016 at 11:23 AM, UglyBob said:

Well there's your problem. We don't have any sane people here to cast as Oliver!

But how sane is someone who gives up a lucrative job in the city to buy a ramshackle house from Mr. Haney and live in frustration and squalor? :scratchhead:

On a side note, Bless This Mess got canceled already.  Another Rural Purge!

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

But how sane is someone who gives up a lucrative job in the city to buy a ramshackle house from Mr. Haney and live in frustration and squalor? :scratchhead:

He was just a dreamer

• Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

One WOMAN???? Seriously?  I wonder what evening around Green Acres were like back then.

There was Doris Ziffel but she was snot quite as glamorous as Lisa, so there may not be a lot of takers!  And Ralph.  And these rural shows ALWAYS had a Clara. :D

Hmm, you are definitely Mr. Haney!

'

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

There was Doris Ziffel but she was snot quite as glamorous as Lisa, so there may not be a lot of takers!  And Ralph.  And these rural shows ALWAYS had a Clara. :D

Hmm, you are definitely Mr. Haney!

'

TWO women?!?!?!  You can see why folks moved to the city!

• Heart 1

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Never seen it. Never watched Green Acres or Beverly Hill Billies or any of those shows that Nick At Night had on. They didn’t appeal to 10 year old me. My Three Sons and Leave it to Beaver were more the limit of my interest on that channel.

For me, they were new shows running when there were only 3 good channels from which to choose, one TV in most families, and my sister and I would argue over who gets to pick which show to watch - that lasted into the 70's when I often had to settle for shows like Little House on the Prairie instead of my preferred rerun of Star Trek.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1