Mr. Beanz Ride Journal (2016)

Mr. Beanz

OK so this is the footage I got on Sunday's ride. I was alone so I hit the pier. There were plenty of bikinis around but just as I started the recording, some old dude came up on a touring bike and started talking bikes. I like talking bikes but he was asking 101 questions about his bike. What about his seat, what about the clamp, what about the handlebars, what about his spokes, what about his stem???? In the meantime I saw about 500 bikinis go by but I didn't get a chance to record. Grrr! Before I knew it about an hour and a half had gone by, damn! So I took what I could get and split.

All the little side shows were going on with packs of bikinis gather to watch the shows while this dude kept going on and on. One thing I do know, he bought the bike at REI. So I can see why he had a hundred questions about hit bike ha ha! I know I have never gotten a  good straight answer from them about anything bike related he he he!

• Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a bad ride. 44 miles at 16.6 average according to Strava. I like the 16.7 on Garmin more ha ha! But boy, riding the tandem cause Gina struggled last week after a month off the bike. She had family medical issues so riding was probably the last thing on her mind during that period. So today I chose the tandem so that she wouldn't fall behind and boy I felt it. I could tell her conditioning was not there. That can be a bad thing but then it can be a good thing cause I got a darn good workout ha ha! She did well on the flats but any little rise in the road brought out that drag feeling.

We did pull the first 26 miles or so. Jose offered to help after 24 but I refused knowing that sometimes it's easier to just stay at the front rather than trying to hold a wheel and close gaps on the tandem. But after a couple more miles I said go for it Jose! Man what a relief! The wind sure was strong today so when Jose got in the front it was a big difference. He pulled for about 3 miles and at the end of the 3 miles I could tell he was beat. That was good cause that meant a lot of the struggle I felt could have just been the wind ha ha!

But that break really helped so then we pulled the final 12 on the return. What a relief it was to have a tailwind!

DSCN2445.JPGDSCN2448.JPGDSCN2451.JPGDSCN2453.JPG

Just Jose and I today. 44 miles @ 17.5 average. Pretty stiff headwind today but no rain! We started out holding the pace down some not wanting to burn ourselves out. Joaquin always does a 20 mile ride so we figured as many times before he would meet us at Edna Park. If Jose and I conserved a bit we would be good to go once we hit the park and picked up Joaquin. He knew we were coming but once we got to the park, he had left. Ended up seeing him heading back about 2 or 3 miles from the coast heading the opposite direction. Meh! That ruined all the fun cause we were ready to roll ha ha but I guess he didn't want to ride with us or something.

At the start of the ride we ran into Jose R. His buddy joined us for a short bit but Jose did our first leg to Yorba Park with us starting from the Honda Center. Had a brief chat at Yorba then he headed off as it was the end of his ride. That is when Jose and I headed toward the coast. It was pretty darn breezy the entire 21 miles to the coast. But we held back as I mentioned hoping to run into Joaquin so we would have some gas left to lift the pace. :D

No Joaquin but we did run into Alex at the coast. Poor guy having some knee problems but still kicking butt on his bike. I think he said he was doing seventy something today. He rode back with us and pushed the pace some. Overall a nice ride, a bit chilly and dark but pushing on the way back warmed things up nicely ha ha!

No female today so I had no choice but to take pics of the dudes ha ha! Oh well,good for those Kodak memory thingies! :P

DSCN2457.JPGDSCN2459.JPGDSCN2461.JPGDSCN2463.JPG

• Heart 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2016 at 7:34 AM, Airehead said:

@Mr. Beanz How about a July update?

No July report,.......August! :D

First ride in about a month. Sucks with all this overtime. Today I got up at 2:45 am to make a 4 am start time. After 4 hours the production people go on clean up detail so my boss says I can go home. Yeah baby! I run home, wake up Gina and get the bikes ready. Head out for a 36 miler. I was happy Gina could hold the 16.5 average today after a month off the bike. Plus it was one of those days that felt windy both directions. Average temp of 90 degrees so it was warm too!

Lots of people at the beach but not many bikinis. Sorry guys I tried. This chick looked pretty good from the front so I figured I'd get a shot of her on the way back. Bummer, she changed out her bikini for street clothes. Sorry guys! :P

All this OT I get to buy whatever I want. I wanted a new equipment bag for our bike stuff. Well yeah I got it like 3 weeks ago but haven't been able to use it! So you know me, had to take a picture of it! :D 

081316A.jpg

081316B.jpg

081316C.jpg

081316D.jpg

081316E.jpg

• Heart 2

• 2 weeks later...

45 miles at 16.5 average. Man those 58 hour 6 day work weeks in steel toe boots really do a number on the legs. First 10 miles sucked and the after the first 2 miles I felt like I had already walked 10 miles. Of course the guy who rides with us who has 101 why he can't go to the front is no help. But after a month off the bike and second ride back I felt pretty good in the mid miles. Gina did very well considering she pooped out last week on a much shorter ride. Same average today on a longer ride so it's coming back! :D

082116A.jpg

• Heart 2

Wow SART is filled with homeless camps now. Pretty sad! No I myself don't feel bad for them. I've had stupid idiots stand on the side of the road and shout obscene things at us as we ride by, yeah the women too! I've had idiots throw things down at us from up along the banks of the camps. I've had an idiot dart out at us trying to scare us as we ride by. You know what can happen to a rider who crashes at a decent speed? Broken bones! No I don't want to see Gina or Aimee with a broken collarbone or broken leg. I've known people who look exactly like the guys and gals we see out there. Not bad look people looking for a better life. More like the bullies who turn out to be drug addicts who started young and could never grow up.

I heard that a 2 mile section on the opposite side of the trail was closed down. Sadly we see people delivering food to them and encouraging them to gather on the trail. I see that they mean well but once the leave, the trail is covered in trash, thrown food, and piss from those who feel the need to relieve themselves after a good meal. One camp smells so bad I have to literally hold my breath as we ride through.

Yeah, looking for a better life? That is why we smell marijuana and who knows what when we pass through. Not only do the homeless gather there but they attract the thugs from the local area. You see young punks hanging around dealing with the homeless. They hide in little covered up sections of the underpass doing drugs, performing sexual acts and God knows what. Yes, I once rode under one of the passes only to notice 2 grown men performing sexual acts on one another. 

Now I ask myself how can the people who go feed them causing them to gather in those areas feel about the many female riders who are out there trying to enjoy some good healthy exercise? Not long ago there were maybe 15 -20 homeless people out there. Now thanks to those people who feed them and encourage them to gather here, last I heard there were as many as 500 homeless. No not all nice guys, drugs sex, dealing, harassing, and the list goes on!

Pretty sick and no I don't feel for any of them! If anything I think people should go out there with signs and protest against those delivering food to them. They let their dogs run loose, they piss on the trail, they toss debris on the trail, they break bottles on the trail in an attempt to cause flats for the riders, they shout obscene things at riders and they have no regard at all for safety of those around them. Heck, I saw one dude beating the hell out of another homeless guy last week. No I wouldn't help the guy. In my mind, that may discourage that guy from showing up again. That is one less homeless threat on the trail.

OK back to my ride. 44 miles at 16.6 average speed. Tried to take some nice pictures but seems there is a homeless trash camp in the background of every shot! :-(

Just hate it! Airing up the tires and dropping the steel floor pump on the foot. 10 minutes later there is                a bruise along with the small cut. Now that is going to be annoying on the ride!

Oh damn! I actually got a couple of shots without homeless in the background.

DSCN3028.JPG

DSCN3029.JPG

Across from Anaheim stadium.

DSCN3031.JPG

DSCN3033.JPG

DSCN3034.JPG

A mile down the road.

DSCN3035.JPG

Feeling cheeky today!

DSCN3039.JPG

This is another homeless hangout. Bikes in the road, homeless walking aimlessly as riders ride by. Plus about 200 old thrashed bikes stacked near the cement wall. HTF does the city let this happen? Guys here harass riders and scare them as they ride by.

DSCN3040.JPG

DSCN3047.JPG

I though this would be a nice finishing ride but when I got home I noticed another homeless camp in the background!

DSCN3050.JPG

• Heart 2

33 relaxed pace with Gina today. Well relaxed till I ran across some dude who called me a douche bag. I think it might be a local forum member who doesn't like the fact that I have a lot of friends. He's a real sour obnoxious arrogant prick type. He had called me a DB a few times before but always heading the other direction. Today Gina and I heard it as clear as day. I turned around and chased him down. Nearly had him shitting his chamois! :lol:

You can read the details in my blog if interested.    http://mrbeanzandhisbikerides.blogspot.com/2016/08/so-im-doue-bag-heres-good-idea.html

He looks mean but that's about it! :lol:

Alex1.JPG

Here comes Ron!

DSCN3055.JPG

DSCN3056.JPG

DSCN3059.JPG

OK, so I'm a booty man! :D

DSCN3060.JPG

I like when she does that!

DSCN3065.JPG

Darn beach cruisers keep getting in the way!

DSCN3072.JPG

My witness! If that wuss tells a different story about not wanting to shit his chamois, ask this guy if you happen to see him. I told him I go by Mr. Beanz in case anybody should ever ask. He'll verify that dude almost took the fetal position like a little wuss!

DSCN3074.JPG

DSCN3075.JPG

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

Did you say Aimee is single?  If so, you need to introduce her to Cheese. :)

Yes she is, has a boyfriend but if Cheese is smooth enough, that won't matter! :lol: She is the quiet shy type but them is the ones you got to watch out fer! :whistle:

I should have a short ride video later on but for now, the boob jiggle of the day. Just a little short video I tossed together. I don't like huge bewbs and this chick was just right. Nice and perky with some jigglin'  init! B)

Oh and that is me swallowing water not making grunting noises as she passes by ha ha!  :P

• Heart 1

Gina ordered 70 more pounds of Hatch chile from NM so she had to pick it up this morning. So she was out of the ride. Started early as we also have a BD party today and tomorrow.

SO I got in a Saturday quickie! :P

44 miles at 18.4 average.

Nice day and there was a little bit o cleavage today! :lol:

0ridetoday.JPG

DSCN3132.JPG

DSCN3133.JPG

• Heart 1

44 miles today at 16.3 average. Felt tough today, must have been pretty breezy! I was at the front all day today as we passed a lot of people on an organized ride. Lots of them hopping on as we rolled :lol:

Gina felt beat at the end of the ride. Took her a while to come to her senses. :P

Gina, Aimee, Jose, and a couple of riders latched on the back.

091716A.jpg

Heading back from the coast, almost over, another 12 miles and we are done!

091716E.jpg

Aimee after the ride still smiling!

091716F.jpg

Gina's " I might puke on you" immediately after the ride!

091716G.jpg

OK a few minutes in the shade after the ride and she's smiling again!

091716H.jpg

Another 36 miles today at 16.4 average with Gina and Aimee. I didn't get the guy's name but when we stopped at Edna Park, some dude asked if he could ride back with us to the coast. Seemed like a fairly nice friendly guy! He hopped on the back and seemed pretty happy with the lift back. He said he had started at Warner & PCH then headed inland on the trail for 20 miles. He said he would end up with about 50 or so. Somewhat of a language barrier there so I missed a lot of details but he was happy as heck when he turned off on PCH with a few big thank you's!

As we were sitting at the beach stop Bob rolled up. I saw him coming but wasn't sure as I didn't couldn't be sure not fully recognizing him without his buddy Dave. But yes it was Bob. He stopped for a while and told us about his cycling adventures and trips to far off lands. Nice to chat with him again after what? 5 years maybe?

After the ride we kicked back at a new structure put up by one of those office buildings where we park. Right next to the cars so I told Gina she should go relax in the shade on a swinging seat they put out there. Nice little structure. Really nice BBQ too but it's all locked up. Nice deck and some outdoor type furniture. Kind of a test to see if security would chase us out, they didn't. :-)

Yesterday I mentioned on my blog that I was at the front the entire time. Ron and Dixie captured an image of me behind my lead out rider, oh busted ha ha ha!

0rondixie.jpg

DSCN3185.JPG

DSCN3188.JPG

DSCN3192.JPG

DSCN3195.JPG

DSCN3198.JPG

DSCN3199.JPG

DSCN3205.JPG

Welp! Gina is back at the hospital with her son so I headed off alone. Been feeling really sucky on the bike so I figure I need to start riding during the week again now that I am done with the OT (really kills me!). Hundred crunches yesterday then walked 4 miles around the local area. 3-4 % grade so I figured I'd be toasted really quick. After 2 miles I didn't feel bad so I aimed for 3. Got 3 then figured I'd aim for 4.

Then today another 100 crunches then 12 miles with 1.056 ft of gain. Nice local ride. Must get back into shape!

0Solo Eve.JPG

20160920_180651.jpg

44 miles with Gina and Jose today. Nice steady pace today. Well till I let Jose take the front after pulling the first 25 miles or so. Not sure what it is but you ask a guy to keep the same pace and too many just can't hold steady. Hmm! So anyway we ran into a few friends along the way.

I'm sorry guys but I missed the shot of the day. We were sitting at the beach stop resting when some thin chick walked by. Wearing a bikini cover but fully opened up front. Wearing a very tiny bikini bottom. Very low rise and as soon as she walked by Gina asked, "did you see that?". Yes, you could see about 2-3 inches of her big bush sticking out the top of her bikini! :o Just walking by like nothing proudly showing off her neatly trimmed bush crawling out the top of the bikini. And I miss the freaking shot! :angry: 

DSCN3209.JPG

I think Gina was swatting bugs so Jose wouldn't swallow them! :lol:

DSCN3212.JPG

Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome ha ha!  Eduardo and Joaquin (right)

DSCN3214.JPG

I said to them, "ok now put your arms around each other", they did! :P 

DSCN3216.JPG

Look better from 40 yards away but hey, there are still bikinis out there!

DSCN3217.JPG

Gina's final sprint to the finish!

DSCN3221.JPG

The end of a nice joyful ride on a very nice day!

DSCN3225.JPG

• Heart 1

36 miles at 15.9 average......W-I-N-D!!!!!! :lol: I get a big kick out of riding in the wind. Sadly Gina opted for a shorter ride today which knocked out the toughest part of the ride. I've been riding during the week so I figure I'd give her a break not making her do the toughest part. Good thing because after doing about half of the toughest part into the wind she was toasted. I kept the pace down for quite sometime after we turned around which allowed her to recover. Aimee said she would do whatever ride we chose but she was pretty relieved when Gina chose to half torture ride ha ha!

Hot today, temps in the forecast of 101 and wind gusts up to 54 MPH.

Ran into some unicycle dude. Interesting stuff. He informed me of some differences while riding, brakes etc. Pretty different from a standard roadie.

Just about to enter the windy section. Dirt is in the air ha ha!

DSCN3227.JPG

DSCN3232.JPG

I enjoy my pics more when I photochop Jose out of the picture ha ha! :lol:

DSCN3237.JPG

Yeah, a little windy!

DSCN3253.JPG

Ban these silly bikini cover things! :P

DSCN3256.JPG

DSCN3258.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

44 miles at 17.4 Garmin/ 17.5 Strava. Darn it , I always go with Garmin. With Jose today. Joaquin joined us after 22 miles for his usual 18 miler. Jose has this thing with him so he told me to let him do all the work to the coast ha ha! The stiff headwind. Well if you help Joaquin he has a habit of trying to drop you after you take a pull so I followed along with Jose's plan. Quite a few accelerations but we hung on no problem. We've tried to talk Joaquin into doing the longer rides with us be he is having none of it so hence the Jose Plan ha ha!

Hanging back taking a few pics of the engine!

DSCN3273.JPG

October, must be her Halloween outfit. :P

DSCN3276.JPG

Silly bird hopped on my lap and shared a Clif Bar with me. Must have known me cause he had no problem posing for a few pics. :lol:

DSCN3289.JPG

October cycle wear in So Cal!

DSCN3296.JPG

• Heart 1

• 3 weeks later...

Little local ride this eve. 14.5 miles and 1,074 ft of gain. Good thing for lights cause my neighbor held me up in conversation so I got a late start, more darkness but it was cool! B)

My lights are pretty decent. Lit up the road and signs even before dark. When I have them on high, cars flash at me ha ha!

20161027_182650.jpg

20161027_183107.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...