Sunday dinner

Parsnip Totin Jack

1 minute ago, BuffJim said:

I don't think Farro has made it to these parts yet. Heck, we just got Tater tots in our grocery stores. 

It's just a strain of wheat berry.  I am certain you have wheat berries.  Those are fairly common.

if all fails, Amazon, or igourmet for obscure shit.

Mrs. TK is making chicken and vegetables in the crock pot slow cooker. And this is awful.

It's awful because it takes several hours to cook, and in the meantime it fills the house with savory aromas that keep me blasted hungry all afternoon long!  And I don't dare keep asking "Is it done yet?" because Mrs. TK will clang me on the head with one of her frying pans and then I'll have to fork out some big bucks for a new frying pan.

So, I suffer in silence until it is truly done, and then enjoy a sumptuous dinner! :nod head:

• Heart 3

5 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Mrs. TK will clang me on the head with one of her frying pans and then I'll have to fork out some big bucks for a new frying pan.

At least it's cheaper than a new head!

Think I'm doing spaghetti and meatballs too.  I haven't made my own sauce in a long time.

25 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

It's just a strain of wheat berry.  I am certain you have wheat berries.  Those are fairly common.

if all fails, Amazon, or igourmet for obscure shit.

It is a less modified strain of wheat, supposedly closer to the old-school wheat.  When I ate farro pasta, I had significantly less bloating and reflux than new-school wheaty things.  Still carbs, though, no nutrition value at all.

13 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It is a less modified strain of wheat, supposedly closer to the old-school wheat.  When I ate farro pasta, I had significantly less bloating and reflux than new-school wheaty things.  Still carbs, though, no nutrition value at all.

You are so wrong.  No nutritional value?  Humans don't need protein, fiber, magnesium, selenium, iron, B vitamins or zinc?

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

<gulp>

:panic-smiley:

:D  I definitely have the food love again.  :D

:panic-smiley:

1 hour ago, Old#7 said:

Spaghetti and meatballs with hot Italian sausage and garlic bread.  A fine Chianti would be nice but I must behave this weekend.  What's on your menu?

Spaghetti                   without chili on it.        

I'm shocked!

5 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Forgive me and stupid grain obsession, I know they are the candy corn of the food world.  I further admit that I am wrong in perpetuity in regards to any fictional nutrient value the grain industry assigns to their product.  I also admit that having one's own picture in an avatar is silly.

:P

Just now, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Garlic studded pork loin and a butternut squash just went on the grill, a pot of fart fuel bean soup is on and almost done and I made chicken fajitas last night.

Sunday dinner is any or all of the above.

Can you stuff some in an envelope and send out here?

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, TrentonMakes said:

At least it's cheaper than a new head!

I don't know... There's a whole bunch of good size rocks in the woods behind my house.  Any one of them would probably be an improvement.

27 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Tomorrow morning, I will, unless there's some sort of postal regulations against mailing feces.

I would 'like' this post, but then I suspect I'd get a odorous package in the mail within the next few days.  Wouldn't be the first time a strange package found its way unsolicited to my door.

• Heart 1

Dang it...I forgot to take my chicken out to thaw before I left for church...And before my neighbor  and I went out for lunch. :facepalm:  So..I took out a frozen container of soup for tomorrows lunch and I will probably do chicken and stirfry veggies tomorrow night..and then chicken and some kind of curry simmer sauce...and green beans...for  the next few days...I got 3 chicken breasts thawing...eventually...

9 hours ago, Longjohn said:
  1. I thought you could only get selenium from mushrooms.<_<

Not true o long one.  Foods high in selenium include, brazil nuts, seafood, whole wheat, seeds, pork, beef, lamb, chicken, mushrooms and whole grains.

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-high-in-selenium.php