Project Xpat: What The World Thinks Of America

kingtermite

What people in other countries think of US Americans. I thought this was quite interesting.   Project Xpat: What The World Thinks Of America.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/theprotojournalist/2013/12/18/250172969/project-xpat-what-the-world-thinks-of-america?utm_content=socialflow&utm_campaign=nprfacebook&utm_source=npr&utm_medium=facebook

• Heart 1

We're so confuzzeled here. All of that was true but it was blatantly false too.

I am a firearm owner.

I like the idea of progressive health care.

I do not believe in capital punishment.

I raised a glass when J W Gacy was fried.

Fox news is a bunch of crap.

MSNBC is a bunch of crap.

CNN sucks.

Pat Robertson sucks.

I am a Christian.

I haven't been to church in a long long time.

Evangelical tunnel vision drives me nuts.

One size fits all ain't much better.

Soccer sucks.

Love TdF, Giro, Veulta

Why aren't  the spring classics broadcasted here?

Where's the spell check?

I quit binge drinking.

I love a good Bock or Stout.

Single Malts rock.

I cannot drink scotch.

I poured a full bottle of Russian Stout in my last batch of chili.

That chili rocked.

I've fallen off the tobacco wagon.

Now I start over again.

Tom Hartman, Rush Limbaugh, Norman Goldman, Sean Hannity should all have their tongues cut out.

Michael Savage' rants are entertaining.

I am glad that I was lucky enough to be born here in the U.S......whether or not we as a nation are conflicted.

• Heart 1

You are asking people that left the United States to live somewhere else to sum up what that somewhere else thinks of the United States?  Wow great journalism.  Sure that you will not get an answer that is colored by the the respondent.

No...they asked people that are outside the U.S. (didn't necessarily leave...might be there for work or other) to relay what people they know in that country would say to sum up the U.S.

And 

No...they asked people that are outside the U.S. (didn't necessarily leave...might be there for work or other) to relay what people they know in that country would say to sum up the U.S.

And I would suggest that quite possibly that person's own agenda and thus the conversations they have with others and thus the response they are able to give is colored by their agenda and beliefs.

And 

And I would suggest that quite possibly that person's own agenda and thus the conversations they have with others and thus the response they are able to give is colored by their agenda and beliefs.

Possibly, but that's an assumption, not a given. Just like the sentiment given is true of most people of that country...that too is an assumption, not a given.

'Confusingly progressive but behind the times' is a good summary of the USA. A good example is the city of Austin...in Texas. One is very progressive, the other regressive as hell.

Madison, Wi. is pretty much the same.