Long week

petitepedal

I just can't seem to get a break...3 staff members gone tomorrow so I don't feel like I can take the day off..I was here til 5:30 on Monday, 4:45 on Tuesday and I will be here til about 5:15 or so tonight...

Today was a freaking zoo...Oh and we did get our bonus..but I made the bank run to deposit the checks and get cash so they can pass it out....It is a training bank...they put us with the NOOB...she gave me a wrong total..which was the amount I needed to write a check for...so we needed to write a second check.  No biggie, but I am not a signer on the account..so I had to get a resident signer to meet us at the bank to sign a second check...Lots of counting..about 50 minutes to make 6 total deposits, cash 2 checks and get larger bills for a wad of  smaller bills.....

On the positive side....I was doing the simple math quicker than they were with a calculator...And this years bonus was better than last years...I can pay for the new modem & laptop..plus a little left over.

I have left the house before 8 every day this week.  AM that is and have not been home before 8 any day this week.  That trend will continue. Leaving here in a few to hit gym, then off to a Dad's Den PTA rehearsal for the Christmas program at Ryan's school tomorrow AM.  Not sure I have anything tomorrow night, so I might just go home and have a drink.

I have left the house before 8 every day this week.  AM that is and have not been home before 8 any day this week. 

Been working like that pretty much since August.  Many nights working until 8, some nights until 10, one night until midnight.  Saturdays and some Sundays, which is unusual for my line of work.

I have nothing to complain about because I'm not self employed working in retail.  Those folks put in some hellish hours.